Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just got my first Dreamcast

Default I just got my first Dreamcast

Well I came across this site originally for my PSP but have always browse the other forums. But finally I have purchased my first Dreamcast. I made sure it was a 1999 production year unit and got three games and two controllers and a vmu for it for $65.00. I can't wait to figure out emulation on it and other stuff.

Well where the hell have you been?

First of all, congratulations! Welcome to the club

Thanks guys, the DC games I got so far are TimeStalkers, Crazy Taxi and Sonic Shuffle. They didn't have alot that appealed to me at the place I got the system (to many sports titles). Anyway's I will slowly aquire more titles to my liking.

Sonic Shuffle is a funny game in multi-player mode, ver addictive for me.
    TimeStalkers, not a bad rpg. But if you love rpg's, you must get Skies Of Arcadia and Grandia 2. These games really kicks ass

My recommendations:
    Sonic Adventure: The top Dreamcast game and the best Sonic ever released in the 3D era.
    Shenmue 1 and Shenmue 2: 3 words.. get them now.
    Phantasy Star Online Version 2: Wonderful RPG, just a little different. It's like an Action/rpg, arg I don't know how to say it. Also there is a version 1, but if you are not fan of the serie, get only the version 2.
    Unreal Tournament: It's like the old Unreal Tournament for PC.
    Resident Evil Code: Veronica: A lot better than the PS2 version. Graphics kick ass in the Dreamcast version.
    Soul Calibur: What can I say about this game? Wonderful graphics, a nice 3D fighting.

Accesories that you need to get:
    S. Video cable: like in any other console, you get a better quality. And it's very cheap.

^^ Those games are good Dreamcast games, but I'd also recommend Jet Grind Radio, Rez, Ikaruga, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2, and Sega Smash Pack.

I'd also recommend Virtua Tennis 2.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jwilds73 View Post
    Well I came across this site originally for my PSP but have always browse the other forums. But finally I have purchased my first Dreamcast. I made sure it was a 1999 production year unit and got three games and two controllers and a vmu for it for $65.00. I can't wait to figure out emulation on it and other stuff.
    I got my 2nd Dreamcast with 5 games 2 controlers and 1 VMU for £20 on ebay, which is less than what you paid for yours! lol

Yeah, bu it's your second. You know perfectly the prices

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    Yeah, bu it's your second. You know perfectly the prices
    yup, im gonna get my 3rd for £6 (£12 inc p&p) in little less than 11hours if no one outbids me. but it does'nt come with anything except the console and gamepad, which is a downer but I have spare of everything except an RGB lead which I can get cheaply

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information