Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Yabause 0.8.0 Released!

The Long Claw of the Law BlueCrab's Avatar

If you're using Windows, there's an option somewhere in Windows Explorer called "Hide extensions of known file types" or the like. Likely .bin is a known type, and might not be shown. If you disable this option, you can find out for sure.

Also, if you use the MS-DOS Prompt (or is it Command Prompt now?), you can do a "dir" in the directory that contains the file to find out for sure.

Other than that, I haven't used Windows in the longest time, so...
    Sylverant PSO Server
    http://crabemu.sourceforge.net/
    irc.freenode.net #dreamcastdev #dcemuuk #yabause #ljsdcdev

DCEmu Newbie

//////////this is the worst emulator i've seen in my life..
    Its horrorible...

Sure the emulator may not run at 100% speed, but BlueCrab has spent lots of his time creating what many thought was impossible. You must at least congratulate him on that.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_dream View Post
    Its horrorible...
    Anyone that says this... probably doesn't realize that this is not a progress in speed. Getting games to run at a playable speed will probably be the final challenge.. The actual ability to get saturn games running on the DC, that is to say, making the emulated hardware work as close to perfect as possible is probably the first the primary goal, and there are many "sub steps" to complete before that will happen.

I hate people like this. They are willing to throw in their own worthless input, but have no idea whats going on.

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n 1time View Post
    Anyone that says this... probably doesn't realize that this is not a progress in speed. Getting games to run at a playable speed will probably be the final challenge.. The actual ability to get saturn games running on the DC, that is to say, making the emulated hardware work as close to perfect as possible is probably the first the primary goal, and there are many "sub steps" to complete before that will happen.

I hate people like this. They are willing to throw in their own worthless input, but have no idea whats going on.
    This was a progress in speed actually. About twice as fast as the previous version.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Dcemu Coder

There is no reason to give a such bad feedback, it's the first Saturn emu for dreamcast. The result is quite good and we all know that PC version of Yabause is one of the best Saturn emu. I will need a lot of time to optimize it for the dreamcast. SO we should hear mainly spport and constructive critism.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_dream View Post
    Its horrorible...
    Gee, that really makes me want to work on it more.

Honestly, what do you think making this kind of post is going to accomplish, other than discouraging me from working on it? I've explained exactly how fast the thing runs many times before, yet you have to chime in with crap like this? People like you make me sick.

As a side note, I do intend to work on Yabause more, so don't think the lamers can discourage me that much .
    Sylverant PSO Server

I Love you bluecrab!
    i dont care about the speed!
    p.s. does NiGHTS work on this yet by any chance?idc if it dusnt. I still love this! dont stop!

No, NiGHTS doesn't currently work. It uses a video mode that I didn't have the time to try to implement before the release, and thus it exits the emulation (with an error, if you run it over a bba/serial cable).
    Sylverant PSO Server

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab View Post
    No, NiGHTS doesn't currently work. It uses a video mode that I didn't have the time to try to implement before the release, and thus it exits the emulation (with an error, if you run it over a bba/serial cable).
    its totally cool!just giving me something to hope for!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information