Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: About to purchase my first PSP - what to look out for?

DCEmu Newbie

Default About to purchase my first PSP - what to look out for?

Hello

I am going to purchase a my first psp and wondering what to look out for. I would like to use home brew software and such and understand I need a psp with no newer firmware than 2.71 but what other things do I need to consider (if any)?

A few more questions if I may...

1. I've heard that the jap versions are the best as they have the best screens, is this correct or just a myth?

2. I take it all the brand new psp will now have firmware newer than 2.71 so would you recommend I purchase a second hand one or is it still possible to purchased a brand new one with 2.71 firmware?

3. I understand the some psp's suffer from dead pixels so are there certain models/serial numbers I should try and avoid?

Any further advice you feel I should consider would be much appreciated, thank you

DOn't Get Motherboard TA82 Is bad
    Get FW 1.50 Is the best for homebrews abnd other cool stuff

thats the only option he has if he buys one in store but i have full homebrew compatablity with my mobo and i have 2.71 using devhook to go to 3.02 and 1.50

1. I've heard that the jap versions are the best as they have the best screens, is this correct or just a myth? Not sure but i think its a myth

2. I take it all the brand new psp will now have firmware newer than 2.71 so would you recommend I purchase a second hand one or is it still possible to purchased a brand new one with 2.71 firmware?Well try to become friends with the cashier or w.e and tell him yo give a non ta-082 mobo lol

3. I understand the some psp's suffer from dead pixels so are there certain models/serial numbers I should try and avoid? I dont think there is they all can get dead pixels

Any further advice you feel I should consider would be much appreciated, thank you

even if you get a ta 082 me and xg917 ( dude who posted above me ) we got devhook to emulate 1.5 nd 3.02 and there is still hope with dark alexs homebrew enabler

1.They do have better screens jap PSP'S

2. Best place ,Have a look on Ebay you can get 1.5's from there

3. Any model can get a dead pixel not just a certain one

You dont want a TA-082 dont even buy one.Ok you can still run homebrew but not as much support as a 1.5

PSN ID: splodger15

go a place likea town that they barely sell a psp, y opinion, and also the box has letters that identifies the psp age:
    search on the codebar for letters between A - C which those psp has the old motherboards

yeah wat acn010 said the lower the letter on the box near the serial number the lower the firmware. i reccomend not buying of amazon were i got mine. my brothers psp for gamestation which he bought 2 months ago was a non ta-082 with a 2.01 so guess what he does he upgrades to 3.01.IDIOT.

DCEmu Newbie

thanks all. I managed to pick up a second hand white Jap PSP for £100!

What firmware was it

PSN ID: splodger15

i have noticed a slightly crisper image from my Jap PSP, then my friends UK Version.

Also Jap versions can play US,Jap and UK region games (can someone confirm this), but not US Movies.

Matt

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information