Thread: PS3s being traded for Wiis

Blog Entries

General games PS3s being traded for Wiis

via guardian

Turns out that the Nintendo Wii is more desirable than a PlayStation 3, in spite of the Wii's considerable lower specification and price. At GigaGamez, Jason McMaster has been looking through offers to trade on Craigslist:

In my search of Austin, I only turned up 6 total people who wanted to trade their PS3 for a Wii, so I moved on to New York City, which boasted a pretty substantial 18 desired trades. Here's where it gets crazy: in San Francisco, there are 48 different PS3 for Wii trades going on at this moment. Now, keep in mind, most of these trades are requesting a Wii plus cash difference, but there is the occasional barter that will take a loss just to get their hands on the latest Nintendo console.

It has already been pointed out that the PS3 has not been trading well on eBay, and has not been selling out as fast as the Xbox 360 when that was in short supply. Are the people with PS3s trading for something they can sell for more money, or "have been terribly disappointed in the software line-up"? As McMaster says: "No matter what it turns out to be, I would have never pictured this scenario."

This whole article seems to be written to imply that there are tons of people trying to get rid of their PS3 in favor of a Wii. Theres one major problem with that: If someone trades a PS3 for a Wii and the difference in money, that also means someone was looking to trade their Wii for a PS3. You could change "Wii" and "Playstation 3" in most places in this article.

Thumbs up Hehe

Neat :thumbup:

This may look bad on the ps3 in some way.. however. there logicly has to be as many people willing to trade a wii for a ps3..

Still. im really enjoying the success the wii has been having :thumbup:

Blog Entries

I would'nt swap my Wii for a PS3, even thou I managed to get 2 Wii's before christmas...

...if someone gave me an Xbox360+PS3 I might consider, but I would just laugh at them and say NO! lmao

i would trade my wii for a ps3.

since ive completed zelda the damn thing just sits there at the moment (except when me and my mates fancy some 4 player wii tennis and even thats becoming less of an occurance)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
    i would trade my wii for a ps3.

since ive completed zelda the damn thing just sits there at the moment (except when me and my mates fancy some 4 player wii tennis and even thats becoming less of an occurance)
    then your a traitor, go and buy Wii Play and Red Steel and then tell me that you would happily trade your Wii!

DCEmu Old Pro The Hombrew Hunter's Avatar

Red Steel? Pssht...

Get Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz. Full Monkey Balling with Bosses and 50 Party games available from the start!

vamp dude i have wii play and red steel :P

i'd still trade it

Thread Information