Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sony's official message board ALLOWING tutorials on 3.02 OE-B

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by 808 View Post
    I mean this with the up most offence, you people have absolutely no clue, do you?

You're all spouting the most ignorant comments I've ever seen and I really can't understand it.
    It's a comment's board. I think you were a expecting a bit too much?

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by dogspit View Post
    This is only a play from sony to sell more PSP's! They want to gain the number one spot in the portable consoles market! They made this tutorial to spread the word that PSP will run psx1 games, and they won't even care if they are pirated iso versions as long they keep selling PSP's! ...... This way, they will profit more!
    Wrong.

Sony makes MORE profit on the games sold than they do on the systems. A game in the store that sells for $39.99 is making sony about $25 PROFIT, and even IF they make a profit on the system, it is very little. This has been the rule for all game systems to date. Sell the system at a small loss, and let the games make you money.

Also, the what, 4 or 5 bucks to download a game... that is ALL profit to sony. the developers have already been paid, there is no packaging, no materials.. so basically it costs sony NOTHING to have the games for sale on their website.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by 808 View Post
    I mean this with the up most offence, you people have absolutely no clue, do you?

You're all spouting the most ignorant comments I've ever seen and I really can't understand it.
    Ouch. A bit harsh, my friend. We're all human here, after all.

However I do somewhat agree. "lol omg bbq wtf" I get SO sick and tired of this. All these people that INSIST on typing like this need to go back to school and re-learn how to spell simple words. Excited or not, it's plain stupid. Usually, I don't even bother reading what they type, because I can't understand half of it.

DCEmu Legend

That is pretty funny and shows that PSP homebrew has become embedded in the PSP's history so deep now that it extends far and wide and will never be stomped out or stopped.

lol, People typing lame ass things. haha

Employee: I have good news and bad news....
    Boss: Good news first.
    Employee: Many people have upgraded their psps recently.
    Boss: That's good news indeed...but what's the bad news?
    Employee: They upgraded to 3.02 OE-B....
    Boss:...

This is the thought that ran thru my head when i saw the thread title =X SUrely they can't be like that...lol

...which just supports my paranoid theory. This is in no way true but think of this, I did while I was contemplating upgrading my 1.5 to 3.02 OEb.

Sony knows it has lost to homebrew, if only they could get everyone to upgrade their OE firmware to Sonys legit firmware all would be lost, for awhile anyways. How could they do it?

They could make an open ended firmware update similar to 3.02 OE with a feature that everyone owning a 1.5, or 2.71 (main homebrew users), would think is worth upgrading for (like we all did with Dark Alex's firmware). They could then add a timed feature (like we have seen with some of the games downloaded from the store), that after a certain amount of time erased or locked out all of the exploits that allow homebrew with you being now stuck with regular old 3.02. They could then upload it using a respectable coders name and get us all to use it, ruining our homebrew capabilities, but also their reputation.

None of this is true but it could happen. That's the reason why I waited a couple days before upgrading my 1.5 to the new custom firmware. I'm paranoid, but I won't let those *******s get me or my beloved hombrew capable psp.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza042 View Post
    Ouch. A bit harsh, my friend. We're all human here, after all.

However I do somewhat agree. "lol omg bbq wtf" I get SO sick and tired of this. All these people that INSIST on typing like this need to go back to school and re-learn how to spell simple words. Excited or not, it's plain stupid. Usually, I don't even bother reading what they type, because I can't understand half of it.
    my last on this topic.

People like this are the exact reason I very seldomly post on the DCEMU forums. WAY too much of themselves invested into the comments they read . Honestly, some people just enjoy simply "commenting" on news by expressing their immediate reaction to a certain topic. My immediate reaction to reading homebrew tutorials in an official Sony PSP forum was "wtf". Lighten up.

My is guess is it will be down very soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Sony official msg board
    This thread is designed to provide a both a guide for installing the 3.02 OE custom firmware, and a place to ask for help in the process. I've done what I can to make this guide as safe and as easy as possible, and I'm quite confident that if you follow this guide, the process of upgrading to 3.02 OE will be quite simple and completely harmless.
    lol... found the first few sentences so funny

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information