Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: black screen at start'up?

DCEmu Newbie

psp black screen at start'up?

Hey guys.

ehrm, i need some help over here.. cause, its like this. i got my little brothers PSP for xmas ,
    and it had the 2.6 version. Then i wanted to downgrade it to 1.5, and ive read that its easier
    if you upgrade it to 2.71 first, then down to 1.5. So, i upgrade it, and it was a piece a' cake. but, when i was about to downgrade it to 1.5, by following the
    intrucstions in the guide, it got the "red screen", but with no text on it? :/ . "well" , i thought. But , then when i was about to start it again,
    it just shows this black screen ? . nothing happens? . Someone, please. help me in some way.. . have i bricked it? :/ . . and i have checked the mtherboard
    , and its not the TA-082 $#@!, or what the numbers is . .. and there this to, when i was putting in the PHOTO file on the memorystick,
    i accidenlty deleted the system files to. Just over copied the PSP- folder. May that be the problem?.

Is A Brick Sorry Bud

Blog Entries

sounds like a brick. when you turn it on does it just stay black with the little memory card light blinking??

You have a bricked PSP

PSN ID: splodger15

If the power light is on but the screen isn't lighting up, you've just landed up with a complete brick. That's all there is to it.

DCEmu Newbie

wtf. but, how could that have happend? i followd' the instructions :/ . well, guess ill have to buy me a white one then , and just drop īthe homebrew ideas . ThankYou btw.

You must have done something wrong for it to brick

PSN ID: splodger15

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ymot View Post
    Hey guys.

ehrm, i need some help over here.. cause, its like this. i got my little brothers PSP for xmas ,
    and it had the 2.6 version. Then i wanted to downgrade it to 1.5, and ive read that its easier
    if you upgrade it to 2.71 first, then down to 1.5. So, i upgrade it, and it was a piece a' cake. but, when i was about to downgrade it to 1.5, by following the
    intrucstions in the guide, it got the "red screen", but with no text on it? :/ . "well" , i thought. But , then when i was about to start it again,
    it just shows this black screen ? . nothing happens? . Someone, please. help me in some way.. . have i bricked it? :/ . . and i have checked the mtherboard
    , and its not the TA-082 $#@!, or what the numbers is . .. and there this to, when i was putting in the PHOTO file on the memorystick,
    i accidenlty deleted the system files to. Just over copied the PSP- folder. May that be the problem?.
    The motherboard numbers are IC1003 for a TA-082...

But besides, did you turn it off when it was a red screen with no text on it?

Cloudy

DCEmu Newbie

hrm, i followd' the instructions, and everything went well, besides the missing text :P . dont remember really what i did, cause i did a week ago . buuuut. now that its bricked, i cant do anything with it? . just put on a shelf, and let it just be forgotten? . and theres no one who can fix it , or who might want to buy it? ;D .

if its not TA-082 im sure sum1 will buy it, they will install a mod chip and unbrick it think of it as money towards the white psp!! i have a white 1 i love it 2 bits (plus it has 3.02 OE-B )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information