Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy 7 better on 3.02 than 3.03?

Default Final Fantasy 7 better on 3.02 than 3.03?

Hello!

I just upgraded from 3.02 OE-B to 3.03 OE-A. No problems with the process as usual but when I continued playing FF7 (what I am doing right now on PopStation) I noticed that there are some GFX missing now. For example when a fight starts you don't see the fading out of the area, the screen just freezes and then the fight starts a second later. During the fight the menus flicker now a little, what did not happen in 3.02 OE-B.
    I recreated the EBOOT.PBP with the new postation.exe that came with the new cw and tried both, no compression and maximum compression (9) but this didn't fix this.

Other people having the same problem or maybe other new problems (or improvements) with the switch from 3.02 to 3.03?

Yeh, I can't seem to get compression going - either with the Popstation (which asks for that .dll file, which is there) or psx2psp.

Then again, I am a bit of an idiot when it comes to tech stuff like this.

hey throughsilver psx2psp dose not work on 3.03 oe-a and popstation can go wrong try useing this http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48136 right click on the iso and open with that pop station

althena77 i have been having the gliches whith ff7 i might even down grade back to 3.02 oe-a (NOT HAPPY WITH THE 3.03 OE-A UPGRADE DARK ALEX)

Thanks for the advice; it unfortunately still didn't work. It was asking me to make sure I had the correct names for stuff, and I'm pretty sure I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Line View Post
    althena77 i have been having the gliches whith ff7 i might even down grade back to 3.02 oe-a (NOT HAPPY WITH THE 3.03 OE-A UPGRADE DARK ALEX)
    Alright, so I am not the only one with this problem. Guess so I will also downgrade again to 3.02 OE-B at least until I finished Final Fantasy 7.

I don't think that we should or can blame Dark_AleX for that. Probably it was Sony who made some changes in the emulator that effect FF7 without them knowing (as FF7 is not an officially supported game yet).

Quote Originally Posted by throughsilver View Post
    Thanks for the advice; it unfortunately still didn't work. It was asking me to make sure I had the correct names for stuff, and I'm pretty sure I have.
    dose your popstation folder look like this

I seem to be missing pic0.png.

try renameing the ridge spesh.bin file to ridge spesh.iso and then double click on the popstation file
    and here is that pic0 file

Thanks for the file. The error I am receiving is the same both for this programme and psx2psp. Here is the latest, after the renaming of .bin to .iso:

my info looks like this what about yours

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information