Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3.03OE-A2 Released! - Custom Firmware Released

DCEmu Newbie

I've actually noticed differences between FF7 on 3.02 OE-B and 3.03 OE-A and A'... When I ran it on OE-B, the battle splash screen would always display when you hit a random battle, and when selecting an enemy in battle, there was a tiny square window in the lower left hand corner of the screen with a portion of the enemy you were targetting in it that isn't there on the PS1 version.

After I updated, the battle splash screen no longer displays, the aforementioned square box is still there, but it flickers so you can barely see it, and the game sometimes seems to 'hang' for a second or two when transitioning to another area. However, one or two of those issues may have been because I purchased a new 2 gigabyte memory card, and have been using that since. For the record, my old 1 gig was a Sandisk RapidGX, and the new 2 gig is a standard Sony Pro Duo...

[QUOTE=Veskgar;321697]Yes. I was also a 1.50 afraid to upgrade until Christmas when 3.02 OE-B came out. All your homebrew will still work. Make sure you upgrade to 3.03 OE-A first. Then use this patch to turn it into 3.03 OE-A'.[QUOTE=Veskgar;321697]

So is that the official sony update? or can you point out to me where to find what I need?

Edit: lol screwed up the quotes.

DCEmu Newbie

It always worked full speed 4 me i just switch 2 1.50 kernel

DCEmu Rookie

YES!!!!!!!!! i will finally update from 3.02 oe-b!!!!! yesss! overclocking is the best! w00t!

DCEmu Legend

psp Never update with SONY updates.

[QUOTE=Thekinglotr;322099][QUOTE=Veskgar;321697]Yes. I was also a 1.50 afraid to upgrade until Christmas when 3.02 OE-B came out. All your homebrew will still work. Make sure you upgrade to 3.03 OE-A first. Then use this patch to turn it into 3.03 OE-A'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar View Post

So is that the official sony update? or can you point out to me where to find what I need?
    NOOOOOO! You NEVER want to upgrade with SONY updates or kiss homebrew goodbye.

What you want to do is upgrade to Dark_AleX's custom firmware 3.03 OE-A and THEN use this patch to change to 3.03 OE-A.

Upgrading to 3.03 OE-A is really easy. Get the package from www.Dark-AleX.org or even here on DCEMU and follow the readme very carefully. Its not that hard.

DCEmu Newbie

i no this isnt the right thread but i was hoping someone would help anyway...

i tryied to install cintro to my psp 3.03oe ta-082 and now i belive it is bricked. i could recover it but i cant get into the recovery menu or connect it to the computer PLZ HELP!!!!

DCEmu Newbie

I tried using 1.50 kernel with FF7 and neither of the issues mentioned were resolved...I'm gonna experiment and load the ISO onto my 1gig card and try again, see if it's indeed the memory card or a result of the firmware update..

Default Go To Page 4

i just finished re3.........using my computer to get past the freeze...........thank god i am done!!!!! for help in getting pass the crashes GO TO PAGE 4.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DCEmu Newbie

Default What is vsh

- Added cpu clock selection for umd/iso games. (not for vsh yet)

wat does vsh mean??

this is good, now its time to go kick some alien ass on quake 2!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread Information