Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Tactics - Not working on 3.03 OE-A'?

Default Final Fantasy Tactics - Not working on 3.03 OE-A'?

Hey, has anyone tried out playing Final Fantasy Tactics, compressed from 5-9 on oe-A (2)?

I can't seem to get it to work... it gets past the "squaresoft" logo, I button mash, getting me to the title screen, and I get past what seems to be the beginning introduction; however I can't get much further then that. I havn't tried lower compression levels yet, but I feel like it won't matter; is anyone else having this problem on OE-A (2) also with Final Fantasy Tactics? Help would be much appriciated...Thanks.

Small update --

I've tried it from compression levels 0-9. No levels seem to be working.

The filetype was .iso for compression levels 8-9; however I changed to .bin and went over all compression levels.

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm using psx2psp, by the way.

If there are any problems, it's more than likely a Sony issue with their emulator that they did something to during the 3.02-3.03 update...

DCEmu Newbie

I tried it out last night, I got as far as the beginning point where the black knight comes for the princess and then I turned it off to go to bed. Are you able to get that far?

its working ok for me perhaps a bad iso?

DCEmu Regular

It works fine for me but I am only on the first battle start. It is compressed to level 9 NTSC region.

I've burned the ISO once... maybe it was bad. I'll recompress and see what happens.

UPDATE: Well, I'm coming to these conclusions so far:

Burning the file as an .iso only gets me to the SQUARESOFT screen. Nowhere farther.

Burning the file as a .bin file only gets me past the introductory screen and beginning story line; to get to the title screen I have to press random buttons, I'm not sure if there is a certain key that allows me to get to it, but it shouldn't be so anyways.

Should I try a different file type? Clean my disk? I can't think of anything that would be effecting the .iso otherwise.

Also, I'm using ultraISO. Should I use something else rather then ultraISO?

Well I seemed to have figured it out, it appears that my game is scratched and when burned it has disk errors. Thank you for all your help though.

Quote Originally Posted by levitation1o1 View Post
    Well I seemed to have figured it out, it appears that my game is scratched and when burned it has disk errors. Thank you for all your help though.
    If your computer has a CD-R/DVD-R drive, you might want to try in it. Those drives have larger, more accurate and powerful read heads that can usually read discs that normal drives cannot.

How fast are you trying to read it at? I'd recommend reading at the lowest setting possible when making an image.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information