Thread: NDS Python updated

DCEmu Newbie

NDS NDS Python updated

Python for the Nintendo DS has been updated from Python 2.4.3 to Python 2.5.

Heres some info

This is a port of Python 2.5 to the Nintendo DS. However before you read further there are a couple of important things to know.

None of the DS hardware is as yet supported. This means that the use you can get out of this port is severely limited. You cannot access the microphone, the graphics, the speakers, the touchscreen or any of the controls. All you can do is enter lines of Python code into the console through the touchscreen keyboard seen in the picture to the right.
    You need a homebrew device to get the Python rom onto your DS. I will not go into what is involved here, you will need to work this out on your own.

DCEmu Newbie

what sort of slowdown is there, is it feasible to run python software on the DS?
    I tried to run PyDCHUB but it locks up straightaway.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ramjet View Post
    what sort of slowdown is there, is it feasible to run python software on the DS?
    I tried to run PyDCHUB but it locks up straightaway.
    I think you missed the additional information which was provided in the news post. None of the DS hardware is exported so there is no way PyDCHUB can work. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if PyDCHUB also relied on other libraries in the Python standard library which are not bundled with NDS Python (although you can include them in the python/lib directory).

Thread Information