Thread: Wii: sucking in the seniors, bit by bit

Blog Entries

Rev Wii: sucking in the seniors, bit by bit

via joystiq

There's nothing quite like seeing a video game bringing families together, even if the above image does look like a page out of a slightly wacked IKEA catalog. Reader Jim has sent in his own entertaining tale about mom and dad proceeding to get hooked and pwn in Wii Sports, particularly bowling, as you can tell from his dad's nice form in the above photo.

Our own parental units were never really sucked in by the glitz and polygon counts of the other consoles, so it's great to see a new generation of gamers getting drawn in by the Wii-novation. Are we every going to declare a moratorium on adding Wii to words? You swear you'll never do it again, and then *bam* there it is. Wii apologize.

MoreInfo

Hehe, my mum and dad are almost 60 and I've got them and my Wife's parents playing bowling.

And they can beat me!!

I do think the Wii does have that appeal.

My Wii arrived yesterday and the whole family and neighbours were all in my living room watching us play the rayman mini-games. Everyone wanted a go of 'the running one'. My mum hasn't liked video-games since the NES days 'when it all got a bit complicated' but even she wants to have a go of it. I think they've got the balance of making it simple enough for anyone to play yet still keeping the depth there to keep the regular gamers happy just right.

Thread Information