Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dark Alex Working on v3.03OE-B

Not to sound greedy but I would like to see the usbhost thing working because as of right now dont have enough to buy a bigger memory stick and would really like this feature so I can play some of my bigger ps1 games. Also about this feature it's ok I guess I mean regardless I had to convert all my vids to pmp avc and having full res already on the xmb wont change a thing for me because all my vids are xvid/divx anyways so I still got to convert. Im really hoping it's xvid/divx support but I really doubt it, to me it looks like it's more about unlocking what sony hides away from us than adding onto stuff like xvid/divx support but hope he proves me wrong.

DCEmu Legend

psp Why is Xvid/DivX preferred by so many?

Quote Originally Posted by felonyr301 View Post
    it looks like it's more about unlocking what sony hides away from us than adding onto stuff
    That probably sums it up perfectly. That seems to be a main focus of Dark_AleX. I prefer it that way because once you start adding major stuff or dramatically modifying the firmware, things could get broken.

I would be more than happy with 480x272 AVC video playback. Why is XviD/DivX superior? Most people seem to prefer it but I don't know why. But I'm also not an expert on the subject either.

i really want to get this.....but read my sig

DCEmu Rookie

I'm not sure if it's a question of divX being superior, more just easier to find. 95% of video available for download on the internet is in DivX/MPeg4 format.

It would be great if you didn't need to convert this. DivX on the PSP would rock.

Anyway, it's all just speculation for now, I'm sure it'll be great no matter what it is! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by whitey75 View Post
    I'm not sure if it's a question of divX being superior, more just easier to find. 95% of video available for download on the internet is in DivX/MPeg4 format.

It would be great if you didn't need to convert this. DivX on the PSP would rock.

Anyway, it's all just speculation for now, I'm sure it'll be great no matter what it is! Can't wait!

Don't forget the conversion. It takes time too...
    That's why I'd prefer DivX/Xvid than fullscreen AVC.
    I'd also like the RM codec to be supported. I'd love to take my anime on the go requiring small memory stick space and no conversion required

please dont ignore me im not a noob, this iz serious!!!!

DCEmu Rookie

If your didn't have recovery mode on your memory stick then your gunna have to get it on there somehow.

You might need to by a memory card reader and then push recovery mode from the 3.02 OE release onto it from your computer.

Then just hold onto the R trigger on startup and hope for the best.

Goodluck.

Kvonx, holding R when you boot does nothing at all?

Default Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar View Post
    Yup, the new feature regarding VIDEO is the ability to play 480x272 full resolution AVC MP4 videos. This is a great feature. Something I have been wanting since I bought my PSP on launch day almost 2 years ago.

Dark_AleX gives us what SONY refuses to due to greed. SONY wanted us to spend a fortune on UMD Videos instead of letting us use the PSP the way it should be used regarding MP4 playback.

I am really psyched about this feature. I know some people may not care that much but it is a really great addition.

Now does anyone recommend a program for converting AVC videos at 480x272?

Could you just manually edit the resolution in PSPVideo9? Or are there better apps for doing that job?

I've been wanting this feature for a LONG time. I personally love watching videos on my PSP. Very, very cool. Thanks DarkAlex for all of your hard work, it is much appreciated!

The ability to watch Xvid and Divx is already available for PSP users with PSPlayerMT. personally, the Xvid/Divx playback won't bother me too much because of the difference in file size.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information