Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Massachusetts Looks To Jack Thompson for Game Law

Blog Entries

General games Massachusetts Looks To Jack Thompson for Game Law

via /.

Game Politics is carrying the news that the state of Massachusetts is asking Jack Thompson for help in drafting a piece of videogaming related legislation. The bill aims to block minors from purchasing games which fall under one of these categories:
    "Depicts violence in a manner patently offensive to prevailing standards in the adult community, so as to appeal predominantly to the morbid interest in violence of minors. Is patently contrary to prevailing standards of adults in the county where the offense was committed as to suitable material for such minors. Lacks serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value for minors."
    The bill has strong backing in the state, from mayors all the way up to state senators.

Looks like the uninformed are telling gamers how to play again

Just what the gaming world needs eh?
    Jack Thompson.... first its help... then what? lol. Jack is a total ass,

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

DCEmu Legend

This definitely gets me angry. Nothing will ever keep kids away from video games. NOTHING. Jack old boy comes from a different era.

Jack was probably lucky if he had a 13" round black & white tube TV growing up. SO it is obvious it is part jealousy and ignorance about today's entertainment technology.

The worst thing about this is that I am a native of Massachusetts and Massachusetts is where America started out. Also as an American this is just bull$hit waste of tax dollars.

America needs to focus on putting the plug on illegal immigration and not video games of all things.

What a joke.

Angry

Excuse my french but $#@!! Im from Massachusetts and that son of a bitch is gonna come here to try to ban games. That is a violation of the first amendment rights!

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    "Lacks serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value for minors."
    That would block 3/4 of all games from being sold to minors. Thompson needs to go preach somewhere else...America hates him.
    I was asked to memorise what I did not understand; and, my memory being so good, it refused to be insulted in that manner. ~Aleister Crowley (1875-1947)

gotta loooooooove europe (minus england that place scares the sugarhoneyicedtea outta me)

Quote Originally Posted by I_hate_firmware View Post
    Excuse my french but $#@!! Im from Massachusetts and that son of a bitch is gonna come here to try to ban games. That is a violation of the first amendment rights!
    Im from MA also and I agree completly.

DCEmu Legend

WOW!

Of all people on earth they pick the most biased, least educated piece of ****ing $#@!? Hell they should simply look at his record and see why he shouldn't be allowed to practice law.

Why the stupid **** still is, is completely beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by F9zDark View Post
    WOW!

Of all people on earth they pick the most biased, least educated piece of ****ing $#@!? Hell they should simply look at his record and see why he shouldn't be allowed to practice law.

Why the stupid **** still is, is completely beyond me.
    Yeah hes such an asshole.

Oh no....that's the last thing ol' Jackie Boy needs, something to inflate his scenile ego.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information