Thread: Guide?

Default Guide?

Greetings to the sparse handful of souls who might see this post. I've been following the PSP homebrew scene for about a year now, but have just modded my PS2 (finally.) I see there's little to no info to be had on the PS2 homebrew front. Is it just not a big scene, or is DCEmu just not host to much of it? In any case, if someone would guide a noob willing to learn, I'd very much like to know all there is about what can be done with a modded PS2, short of play backup and import games.

I agree... For a console that one can simply exploit rather than mod, the PS2's homebrew scene is sadly lacking. Hell, I still use my DreamCast for NES emulatioin simply because the only PS2 option that even WORKS is still rather buggy.

Unfortunately, I can't follow my typical maxim of 'if noone else does it, do it yourself' because I'm rather terrible with programming.

The utility that get the most activity on my PS2 is actually SMS... a REALLY well done media player that quite fluidly streams Divx/xviD and MP3 media over a network. Doesn't take a lot of work to set up properly, and can even be fooled into reading AVI and MP3 files off of a DVD.

Start with uLaunchELF, though, and that'll be a gateway into more fun. This site's one of my main haunts to find out what's new (in rare occasions where new stuff actually HAPPENS.) So just poke around a bit!

Thread Information