Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chankast News and its Coming for Xbox too !

DCEmu_Newsposter

Default Chankast News and its Coming for Xbox too !

I spoke of the rumour some months back and its true, Chankast the Dreamcast emulator for Windows is also coming to the Xbox Console.[br][br]Heres what Garrofi posted Himself:[br][br] Hi,[br][br]About our missing in action. Chankast has been a very stressful project, it needed a lot of time to get it working. We did an incredible work to get the first release working in only 3 months, it was a full time work. After the 0.25 release I didn't feel like doing chankast again so I took a long break, but[br]we have been improving a lot of things in that time. The emu is faster and need less memory to work, an early xbox version is working, it's great to see shenmue 1 on xbox , the sound is better, ...[br][br]About the future, we are thinking about releasing the source code and a binary with the latest changes.[br]Garrofi [br][br]Discuss below

[Modified 12/13/04 09:13:26 by DCEmu_Newsposter]

Dream Coder

Default Re: Chankast News and its Coming for Xbox too !

the xbox's processor has almost identical MFLOPs ratings to the DC's. i look foward to seeing the source code, even if i doubt it will be released.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Great news

DCEmu Newbie

Boo

I think thats great, hopefully the news version has better support for homebrew dev, and maybe debug support.

Or maybe with the release of the code, those enhancements can be made.

Thanks Garrofi for your hardwork, I use the emulator for some of my development when away from my dreamcast.

Troy

Dream Coder

[quote author=GPF link=board=DCPCEmu;num=1102949509;start=0#4 date=12/13/04 at 11:21:35]I think thats great, hopefully the news version has better support for homebrew dev, and maybe debug support.

Or maybe with the release of the code, those enhancements can be made.

Thanks Garrofi for your hardwork, I use the emulator for some of my development when away from my dreamcast.

Troy[/quote]

somehow i doubt that it will be homebrew friendly ever.

Also, if it uses DirectX and is being ported to the xbox, does that mean they are using the XDK? if so, that is just another blow at chankast being the warez emulator.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

The sourcecode release is good news.

The only qualm I had with it was that it didn't boot commercial independent games like Feet of Fury from the CD (nor play it at all as far as I know). This was bad news in my eyes for the independent commercial releases, as people might mistake the fact that Chankast doesn't play independent commercial releases as flaws in the games instead of flaws in the emulator.

With the source release, it would then be possible to work on getting the games to boot.

I'll have no more problems with Chankast at all after the source release.

DCEmu Pro

who saud it couldn't be done on xbox. Eat hat now!

Blog Entries

as far as i know Unai is working on a developers version of Chankast

Dream Coder

[quote author=Mental2k link=board=DCPCEmu;num=1102949509;start=0#7 date=12/13/04 at 13:06:05]who saud it couldn't be done on xbox. Eat hat now![/quote]
    ill keep my hat in the closet, i dont think itll have to go anywhere anytime soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information