Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Interfacing with PSP-290 GPS unit from Sony

Quote Originally Posted by bunky666 View Post
    I walked home tonight, over the Thames (fairly open area of London), and got a fix on 7 sats for around 10-15 mins without interuption (could see 10 most of the time). Acurate readings for my speed, baring, long and lat for all that time with no dropouts at all. Haven't had a chance to test it more than this at the moment though.

It's deffo not so good in built up areas - could see 4 or 5 sats walking in the street with offices around me, but no fix for 5 minutes. As soon as the landscape opened up, it fixed almost straight away. Once it's getting a fix, it seems to be holding it though.

Just tested again outside, (stationary) picked up 6-7 sats and a fix on 4, giving me an accurate lon/lat etc within 20 seconds of walking out into the street. Not a largely built up area I might add. Maybe it's me, but I think it seems pretty cool for a gps noobie such as myself.
    Thanks for your test reports...
    Try installing the new version of MapThis and let me know if it works for you...

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks Deniska for your greater work.
    Whether we in Russia Moscow with impatience wait your program with GPS from SONY will work...
    I soon should receive GPS by postmail as soon as from there will be at me I shall test him with your program..
    Once again many thanks...

DCEmu Newbie

I am new to this PSP thing, I just bought the Sony antena on eBay, cant wait for it to get here now.

Just a couple questions, on the instalation.

INSTALLATION:
    This program was coded and tested for custom 3.03 OE-B firmware.
    1) Place camprx folder in the root of your memory stick
    2) Place GPS_290_TEST folder in to /PSP/GAME303/ or whatever folder is setup to be ran under 3.03 kernel.
    3) Connect your gps receiver and run the program...

What is considered the 'root' of the memory stick, I have the MPROOT folder for MP4's?

and how do you run the program? Will that option be there when the Antena is attached.

I am looking forward to this, will I have to find my own maps of Canada and the UK, or is the MapThis program complete?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am not that 'PSP SMRT'

And if it all works like my Tomtoms navigator, I will seriously be making a donation!!!

DCEmu Newbie

wow that gooooooood

DCEmu Newbie

Well, it doesnt work for me, I was hoping that this was a little simpler for someone not so familiar with PSP.

I do not have the gmdl tool, I do not see it in the folder. Where should I get this. Is it PC software.

DCEmu Newbie

Well, With a bit of help, i got everything done on the list, but how do I run it on the PSP?

3) Connect your gps receiver and run the program...
    -or-
    4) Attach the usb gps-290 accessory and you should be good to go...

But how do I 'go'?

what do I type in on the web browser screen to run the program, I have tried different things:
    file:/psp/game303/mapviewer/maps
    file:/psp/game303/mapviewer/maps/gpsfs
    file:/web/8x.html

I have read, and re read every post on this forum related to this, and I have read the WIKI Books document.
    I just dont see it, anywhere?

Should I give up and eBay the PSP-290?

DCEmu Newbie

hummm ...

wich firmware do you have?
    this program was coded and tested for custom 3.03 OE-B firmware <- NOT the official 3.03 firmware

if you have the folders in the correct places mapthis will be under Game -> MemoryStick

perhaps somebody can make an installer

PD: sorry for my poor english, i do my best

DCEmu Newbie

I've got a TA-082 motherboard & I'm trying to get the MapPlus! software to run w/ the GPS 290, but with no success on getting the GPS State to turn ON! I've tried enabling the usbhostfs plugin on startup, but that gives me an error when the program loads... How do I enable the GPS? Am I missing something here?

[edit]

I actually received a fix from pctechie that patches the corrupted usbhostfs...pm me if you need it!

DCEmu Newbie

sorry guys but i have a probelm
    i've installed new 0.47 mapthis e this features today(gps-290TEST)
    but i've a problem with both them, the usbgps.prx

the 2 software crash in loading "USB accessory module" that i yhink is usbgps.prx

what can i do?

I just got my PSPgps290 today but i am having problems. I am currently using the 2.71usbhost file and the 3.03 usbgps file. I am on 3.03OE-C. Using the test program i get results right away. I get on average 8 sats in view and locked on to 6 most of the time. This is inside my house by the way. I live in Michigan about 15 miles north of Detroit. Now i am running MapThis! .48. But for some reason it never connects to the sats. i've let it sit for 10 minutes with no results. My fakefeed is set to 0 but i still cant figure out the glitch.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information