Thread: Analyst now expects Bully 2

Blog Entries

ps2 Analyst now expects Bully 2

via eurogamer

Having previously suggested a Bully sequel was highly unlikely due to poor sales, analyst Michael Pachter is now saying that a second game is a distinct possibility.

"I have been consistently wrong about this title," Pachter, who represents Wedbush Morgan Securities, told GamePolitics, "I thought it would be stupid, and it was fun; I thought it would get poor reviews, and it got solid 90s; and I thought it would bomb, while it now appears to be a million unit seller."

Going under the name Canis Canem Edit, Rockstar's latest has enjoyed strong sales in the UK - although mostly thanks to heavy discounting, which has seen it take up residence in the All Formats/All Prices Top 40.

"I did not expect a sequel, while now I have to acknowledge that a sequel is a possibility. I never hesitate to take credit when I'm right, and I never hide from my mistakes," Pachter explained.

We think it's a nice show of humility, really - something we're not used to seeing around here, where we're all ace and everyone else is rubbish all the time ever.

DCEmu Legend

I thought it was the job of the analyst to analyze a game, its proposed content and make a thorough evaluation of how such a game might fare in a market depending on the market trends of similar games.

Yet all his statements are his opinion which were wrong...

Its sad that the gaming industry has become so huge to necessitate the use analysts to the degree that they are used. Because honestly, I have yet to meet an analyst with even half a brain.

i wouldnt mind a bully 2. i enjoyed it and still think that whether or not this game exists there still will be bullying in schools

I loved the original Bully. I can't wait to see if this second one comes out.

Thread Information