Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: MAP THIS! version 0.461S (beta) with support for PSP-290 GPS accessory

DCEmu Newbie

BTW I created my own maps since GOOGLE and MSN does not have a good map for my country. Sorry to say - 3rd WORLD LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by dartpsp View Post
    THANKS!! Got it working now (stand alone) I just searched my PC for the files and started trying them :-)

the frist I tried was from Devhook (from the 302 folder) that one didn't work

Then I tried ones from DevHook (from the 271 folder) those let the app load.

Thanks again! Now Let's see if I can figure out the "geodata.dat" and such. Or are those just used for when you have a GPS device?
    geolook up in it's current state is mostly used in non gps mode..

Quote Originally Posted by nicinico View Post
    BTW I created my own maps since GOOGLE and MSN does not have a good map for my country. Sorry to say - 3rd WORLD LOL.
    how? with satelite imagery? google seem to have a pretty good satellite photo coverage of your area..

DCEmu Newbie

Yes, but out of luck my location is in the part where two images meet. And its blurred.

Satellite Imagery? It's old, I can't see MALL OF ASIA!

DCEmu Newbie

Default Maps of California

I'm trying to use the Google Maps program to make a make of California ... I've even tried to narrow it down to just southern California. But I'm getting...

Area selected with minimum zoom is too big (2048 where 1024 max)

I'm hoping to be able to have "all" of California or just southern CA and be zoomable down to the street name level. Any ideas / tips?

Also is there a way to take out some of the "middle" zoom levels to save some file size?

P.S. I still have no clue what to do with the CALIgeodata.dat file that a previous poster posted, nor do I even know what the file's purpose is ;-)

DCEmu Newbie

Hey!........Does anyone have the PSP-290 working on a TA-082 PSP???? Please post a reply if you do. Thanks.

dart, the geodata.dat file is for after you have your map made. it will allow you to lookup address also reverse lookup the address on where your cursor is. my solution is just to make maps of different points of interest for me, i have one map for san diego, one for LA and then one more for the desert area.

DCEmu Newbie

Ok Knightrider - thanks.

I dl'd a geodata.dat file that supposed to be for CA ... will that work for all CA area maps I make or do I need to make my own geodata.dat file for each map I make? And on that note .... how would I make a geodata.dat file?

no i have the same file, it covers all of CA. and as far as making the geodata file, i dled the same one you have because i couldnt get the geocoder program to make a geodata.dat for me, i kept getting errors during the compression phase. so unless you need a different state, thats all you need.

DCEmu Newbie

Cool ... as soon as my map finishes being made I'll be able to give it a shot :-)

Where does the geodata file go? also does the name matter?

Thread Information