Page 35 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: MAP THIS! version 0.461S (beta) with support for PSP-290 GPS accessory

DCEmu Newbie

Cool Info

Hi,
    I recieved my PSP-290 on Thursday. Unfortunately its been raining heavily the last few days and I was only able to detect one or two Sats with no lock through the rain clouds.

Today the rain stopped and the clouds thinned a bit and I was able to get a quick and good lock on 4 sat and see up to eight.

I noted that during my testing that the PSP-290 is much faster to find sats that my BT-308 and in the rain my BT-308 couldn't recieve any better than the PSP-290.

My details:
    My Location: Townsville, North Queensland, Australia.
    Mapthis! INITLOCATION=0
    usbacc.prx: 3.03
    usbgps.prx: 3.03

I hope this info is useful to others and again I thanks Deniska and in7ane for their great work. I all I need now is Australian geodata.

DCEmu Newbie

deniska love your program I am reporting that ive gotten the psp-290 to work with your program around the court buildings in down town Brooklyn around my house and then have it work all the way down court st but loose signal as i walk

but in Manhattan it difficult to get a signal unless im standing in the middle of the street

but i think your right about the psp-290 because when i try metal gear its almost impossible to get a signal then keep once i start walking around

ill try it out some more once it warms up a little

DCEmu Newbie

ok i am haven a lot more luck with mapthis. i have tried it about 10 or 12 times over the last few days. I am getting a connected 50% of the time but it takes upto 20 minutes sometimes. Once I do get a fix it is stable and very accurate and impressive.

I took it on a short car journey and it was "bang on"

However when i use the the green screen i get a fix less then 5min and sometime with in 2mins This has been ever time but once.
    I have used the same usbgps and usbucc as with mapthis

I have tried 1 program and then the other. This has been done at different times of the day.

It is a clear sky and i am in rural area, in the car park. Phone reception is poor and there are only a few power lines and a 5 story building.

my co. are 138.674516 by 35.238831 and alt is about 300 which is very close to mount Fuji.

I am very impressed with mapthis and I do think that the GPS290 could be better.

I will continue to try the unit out in this area and let you know if there is any other problems.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Slamma View Post
    Hi,
    I recieved my PSP-290 on Thursday. Unfortunately its been raining heavily the last few days and I was only able to detect one or two Sats with no lock through the rain clouds.

Today the rain stopped and the clouds thinned a bit and I was able to get a quick and good lock on 4 sat and see up to eight.

I noted that during my testing that the PSP-290 is much faster to find sats that my BT-308 and in the rain my BT-308 couldn't recieve any better than the PSP-290.

My details:
    My Location: Townsville, North Queensland, Australia.
    Mapthis! INITLOCATION=0
    usbacc.prx: 3.03
    usbgps.prx: 3.03

I hope this info is useful to others and again I thanks Deniska and in7ane for their great work. I all I need now is Australian geodata.
    Slamma, could you let me know what model of PSP you have and which firmware you are using?

I'm trying to solve a problem where my LAT is being registered as a negative value, im also in Aus so its good to know this isnt just coming down to my location. Hopefully ill narrow it down and get this sorted.

Cheers.

DCEmu Newbie

I feel it by my bad English but this time I have not had to which it translates to me in conditions. Possible serious Deniska that you made a version of last version of the Mapthis that showed to the speed in km\h instead of in miles\h?

Thank you very much for the program and your dedication.

DCEmu Newbie

Talking

hello,
    i am from germany and i have been waiting for this news for months . I have also ordered an GPS recever from ebay to try out MAP THIS. I am very exited if its gona work here too.
    But i have some questions about map this.
    1. how can i plan route ? can i type the route in the psp ? or do i have to do my route in google map ?
    2. How do i use gmtl exactly ? there are so many options don't have a clue to use it . -if it is possible 4 someone please write a step 4 step using gmtl with screenshots-
    3. is it possible to integrate a voice that will say stuff like " in 100m turn left..." u know what i mean ?
    4. Is it possible to use mapthis without the GPS receiver ? it would be nice to use the map to find something without having the gps module with u.
    5. How can i edit map this to change edit language ?

PS: sry for my bad english , since i left the shool 8 month ago i am beginning to forgett the words

PS2: i will report my expereance when i get my GPS receiver, hopefully next this week.

DCEmu Newbie

Default More Info

Quote Originally Posted by JingleBalls View Post
    Slamma, could you let me know what model of PSP you have and which firmware you are using?

I'm trying to solve a problem where my LAT is being registered as a negative value, im also in Aus so its good to know this isnt just coming down to my location. Hopefully ill narrow it down and get this sorted.

Cheers.
    I have an Australian PSP-1002 flashed with 3.03OE-C. I'm not running any other mods or any plugins.

To be honest I can't remember if mine has a negative LAT as I wasn't looking at it, but it was locating my position accurately on my map. I will check for you when it stops raining and clears up again.

Tho checking POI I made for Tassie I note they are logged as below:
    -42.931165,147.351637,35_OAKLEIGH_AV_TAROONA,495_5B _4T_2C_,

The first no on all my user created POI are negative.

Quote Originally Posted by JingleBalls View Post

Cheers.
    JingleBalls, I am in aust. too and it's working good for me. My setup is usbacc.prx from the green program and usbgps.prx from 3.03. Mine's a 1002K psp with 3.03OE-C.

DCEmu Newbie

anybody tried this in 3.10 OE-A?

I am stuck at loading map when I tried. The psp just turned off when loading the map

Quote Originally Posted by Slamma View Post
    I have an Australian PSP-1002 flashed with 3.03OE-C. I'm not running any other mods or any plugins.

To be honest I can't remember if mine has a negative LAT as I wasn't looking at it, but it was locating my position accurately on my map. I will check for you when it stops raining and clears up again.

Tho checking POI I made for Tassie I note they are logged as below:
    -42.931165,147.351637,35_OAKLEIGH_AV_TAROONA,495_5B _4T_2C_,

The first no on all my user created POI are negative.
    Interesting, I may be looking at the wrong area the whole time. Could be a map issue instead of one with the PSP. Will look at using the updated map software when I get home from work.

Thanks for the info.

Edit: When making a POI I also see the LAT as a negative, but the main window shows the LAT/LON both in positive. This is looking more and more like something I can fix at the point of map creation. Will check my steps and see what I get. Thanks all for the help.

Edit: Ok, sorry to bore everyone but im 100% my problem was caused by me. Im still confused why making a POI will show the LAT/LON correctly, but the main window shows the latitude as a positive. I will need to look into the map creation when I get home.

Thanks again Deniska, you and your helpers have done a fantastic job with the software.

Thread Information