Page 41 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: MAP THIS! version 0.461S (beta) with support for PSP-290 GPS accessory

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuUser25 View Post
    I tried it a couple of times, works great for me. No problems there.

BTW, angel and PSPLaywer, do you guys have TA-082 motherboards for the psp as well? Just curious to know. The green proggie still works best in comparison but I noticed a vast improvement from my new psp.
    no mine is not a TA-082.

Quote Originally Posted by iangel View Post
    upon further testing, setting the initial location to 1 gave me the best result of the three. i got an average hdop of 3.4 (3 bars) with initial location 1, compared to an average hdop of 2.2 (2 bars) with initial location 0, and even had trouble getting a fix with initial location 2.

and yes, with the gps logo of PSP-290 facing upward does provide the best reception.
    I've read the lower HDOP, the better. Mine is often around 1.6-1.4 when I have a fix. No complaints on my end either.

HDOP - "horizontal dillusion of presision" has nothing to do with the bars (well.. almost)
    High hdop value is usually associated with bad choice of satellites due to weak signal (ie the receiver has a fix on a few satellites that are grouped to close to one another and therefore triangulation of coordinates yields significant error...
    The green bars show the number of "fixed" satellites: 1 bar=3 sat; 2 bars=4 and so on...

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    HDOP - "horizontal dillusion of presision" has nothing to do with the bars (well.. almost)
    High hdop value is usually associated with bad choice of satellites due to weak signal (ie the receiver has a fix on a few satellites that are grouped to close to one another and therefore triangulation of coordinates yields significant error...
    The green bars show the number of "fixed" satellites: 1 bar=3 sat; 2 bars=4 and so on...
    oh i see... thanks for your information deniska!

DCEmu Newbie

Deniska, are you working on making this more stable in 3.10 OE? I like this prog, and it was working fine in 3.03 OE, I'm guessing there's some changes in development on 3.10 fw.

DCEmu Newbie

i just found out that Sony released 2 version of the gps290. The 1st was just the unit(which i got) and the 2nd was released with a UMD called MAPLUS. I bet ever1 knows that but me..LOL

I met some1 &cough$ who had this umd and they let me try it out. It is only good for japan.
    It has lots of info and must of nearly fulled up the umd.

I don't read or speak Japanese so it is hard for me to use as there is no languages settings. I have found out how to use the gps look up section though.
    It finds sat very quick and gets a fix with in a 5 mins. It is very overcast here today.

The coor are slightly different then of mapthis which i know has pinpointed me many times.

I will test it out over the next few days but then i leave for Bangkok.

@bootspsp
    The GPS Units are the same.
    Only the Bundle for sale is different.

@Deniska
    I have decrypted Firmware 3.10 with psardump to geht usbgps.prx and usbacc.prx
    When I try to start MapThis with this Files, then it tell me "...cant load usbgps" or anything like that.

With the Files from 3.03 everything works fine.

@All other, MapThis also runs on 3.10 OE-A perfectly

PS:
    MapThis also Works in Germany with PSP290 - Japan import *hehe*

DCEmu Newbie

mystheryman

thank you very much i did not know that...............................

ubsgps and usbucc from 3.10 works np for me

DCEmu Newbie

Hello,
    Just got home from Japan with a Sony GPS module (the one that came bundled with Maplus). I'm dying to use this with MapThis! but I'm a noob to the homebrews. Could anyone point me in the direction of some instructs as to how to get this working (i.e. loading up the right firmware, etc.)?
    Much appreciated.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Mystheryman View Post
    @bootspsp
    The GPS Units are the same.
    Only the Bundle for sale is different.

@Deniska
    I have decrypted Firmware 3.10 with psardump to geht usbgps.prx and usbacc.prx
    When I try to start MapThis with this Files, then it tell me "...cant load usbgps" or anything like that.

With the Files from 3.03 everything works fine.

@All other, MapThis also runs on 3.10 OE-A perfectly

PS:
    MapThis also Works in Germany with PSP290 - Japan import *hehe*
    mystheryman, are you sure it runs 'perfectly' on 3.10 oe-a? 'cuz i've read many times about the program not being stable and freezing on 3.10 oe-a.

Thread Information