Page 49 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: MAP THIS! version 0.461S (beta) with support for PSP-290 GPS accessory

DCEmu Regular

im running 3.3 sec now, but i still cent get it to load.
    I have the 2.71 prx's
    gives me the loading screen and then it shuts off...
    help someone.........

Now the Assy module loads ok, but the GPS module errors out...
    any ideas?

DCEmu Rookie

First thing with PSP GPS-290, when you're using PSAR dumper to get the PRX files, make sure you hit the O (circle) button when prompted to dump the PSAR, instead of the X (cross).

Next, try turning off all of your plugins for the OE firmwares, then turning on one by one to see if there're any conflicts. Then, try using a small map as a test map.

I've got my maps loaded, and mapviewer loads fine.. I can zoom in and around and everything looks good.. When I push the [ ] (square) to activate gps..

How do I know if it's working.. I tried the PSP-290 tool and it sees a few satellites.. but I'm not sure if its loading in mapviewer cuz there's no signal in the signal bar. How long is the average time before it locks on to any number of satellites?

**UPDATE** I think the area I live in sucks.. I can get about 4 satellite's at most.. They're fix for about 5 seconds, then mapviewer froze on me.. Also it projected that I was maybe 5 blocks away from where I really was.. Didn't get to play with it too much, as it took forever for me to detect any satellites. But seems everything works ok.. MapThis 48, experiencing a few freezes.. Using 310 prx's..

Quote Originally Posted by Mystheryman View Post
    @bootspsp
    The GPS Units are the same.
    Only the Bundle for sale is different.

@Deniska
    I have decrypted Firmware 3.10 with psardump to geht usbgps.prx and usbacc.prx
    When I try to start MapThis with this Files, then it tell me "...cant load usbgps" or anything like that.

With the Files from 3.03 everything works fine.

@All other, MapThis also runs on 3.10 OE-A perfectly

PS:
    MapThis also Works in Germany with PSP290 - Japan import *hehe*

Something wrong....

I got the 3.10 OE-A with the mapthis 0.48 installed and I've tryed with 0.46 beta e 0.47 and the same thing happen:

I run the map this, loads the maps, but there is no signal and for me doenst detects the PSP 290.

Im using the prx files from 3.10 FW. Can some one help me please? Im getting mad :P

Cheers

OBS: Im in London.

DCEmu Rookie

Have you tried changing the INITLOCATION to another value? I think it's mentioned a little while back what the values mean. Try setting it to Cold Start. Also try Deniska's green proggie PSP290TEST or something like that, it tests the connection between the GPS module and the PSP itself.

Also try using prx files from another FW and make sure that when you PSAR Dumping to hit the O button when prompted instead of the X button.

Edit: INITLOCATION is located in config.txt in the system folder (that's the case for the generic GPS receiver variation, please look for it in the folder containing MapThis on your memory stick. Also, since you're running on 3.10OE-A, is the kernel set to 3.10? To check/change, turn off your PSP, hold down RIGHT trigger while you turn it back on (just keep hold the right trigger until the recovery menu shows). Go into configuration, check the third line, it should say Game folder homebrew, try it with either option (1.50 or 3.10).

Quote Originally Posted by zsc View Post
    First thing with PSP GPS-290, when you're using PSAR dumper to get the PRX files, make sure you hit the O (circle) button when prompted to dump the PSAR, instead of the X (cross).

Next, try turning off all of your plugins for the OE firmwares, then turning on one by one to see if there're any conflicts. Then, try using a small map as a test map.
    How to turn off the plugins on 3.10 OEA?
    Sorry for ask but i really dont know.

Have you tried changing the INITLOCATION to another value? I think it's mentioned a little while back what the values mean. Try setting it to Cold Start. Also try Deniska's green proggie PSP290TEST or something like that, it tests the connection between the GPS module and the PSP itself.

Also try using prx files from another FW and make sure that when you PSAR Dumping to hit the O button when prompted instead of the X button.

Edit: INITLOCATION is located in config.txt in the system folder (that's the case for the generic GPS receiver variation, please look for it in the folder containing MapThis on your memory stick. Also, since you're running on 3.10OE-A, is the kernel set to 3.10? To check/change, turn off your PSP, hold down RIGHT trigger while you turn it back on (just keep hold the right trigger until the recovery menu shows). Go into configuration, check the third line, it should say Game folder homebrew, try it with either option (1.50 or 3.10).
    Thanks for Help, I had a 1.50 with 3.01 running with devhook 0.51 and few days ago i've installed the 3.10 OE-A.

Well I changed the INITLOCATION and now when I press the square to go to GPS mode, the psp crashes. Im downloading the 2.71 firmware to try the prx files.

I've tryed the PSP 290 TESTE and just doesnt work as well. So I guess that the problem is the usb files isn't?

DCEmu Newbie

hi everybody

i want to know one thing please.

anyone have tested the software mapthis with a car charger?.

with my psp, when i put the car charger with mapthis already running, the psp freeze.

what do you think about that?

thanks

ZSC,

Thanks for your help, now using the prx files from PSP 290 TEST the test is running but still bringing just 0 (zero) values for me.

Sorry for ask but what you mean with Cold Start?

OBS: sorry about my bad english, Im a brazilian learning english in London.

DCEmu Regular

Ok, I got a question...
    I finnaly got it started...
    But for some reason it will not track any sats..
    this version does still work with otuer gps's right?
    I have the 236.

Thread Information