Page 50 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: MAP THIS! version 0.461S (beta) with support for PSP-290 GPS accessory

Guys,
    I guess that i found the problem, I have the TA-082 and I found other guys that can't turn on the GPS in this mother board. Can any one help me? Does any one that has a TA-082 with the PSP 290?

Please guys help me, I've tried everything, different prx and values for innitlocation, i've formatted and tryed again lot of times and still won't work.

Deniska you are the big one, please help me

DCEmu Newbie

Is it true that the PSP-290 doesnt keep the connection with satellites? Im thinking of buying it, and i dont want any crap that cant be used? How well does it work, please tell me everything!
    Thanks!

DCEmu Newbie

Default List of requirements

I've pretty much read every single post on this board, but feel free to ignore this if it's posted somewhere else.

Could someone put together a finalized list of requirements needed to get everything working? Like a list of working firmwares and a quick step by step install. Just thought it might cut down on everyone asking the same questions.:thumbup:

DCEmu Rookie

@leaod, check this post, http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...&postcount=441

@Russoxley187, there are two variations of MapThis, both variations are included in the 0.47 download. One for the generic GPS receiver, ie. GPSlim 236, 240, etc. Another is for the Sony PSP GPS-290. Make sure you're using the right variation.

@JoQ, if you have doubts, check out the Holux GPSlim 240 (or the 236, slightly cheaper but bigger)

@Natski, in terms of hardwares, a PSP capable of running homebrew, I'm running it on 3.03OE-C without any major problem. A GPS receiver, either the Sony one (PSP GPS-290, available on Play-Asia.com) or a generic one (i think with a USB port, ie. Holux GPSlim 240, got mine through Amazon Marketplace, from Semsons & Co. Inc, came with a free PSP car mount, I had to email them asking for a switch from the free one listed). With the generic GPS receiver variation, you'd also need a special cable, either homemade or buy it online, read this for more info, http://deniska.dcemu.co.uk/.

Quote Originally Posted by leaod View Post
    Guys,
    I guess that i found the problem, I have the TA-082 and I found other guys that can't turn on the GPS in this mother board. Can any one help me? Does any one that has a TA-082 with the PSP 290?

Please guys help me, I've tried everything, different prx and values for innitlocation, i've formatted and tryed again lot of times and still won't work.

Deniska you are the big one, please help me
    Hi, I have the TA-082 motherboard and it has worked better that my older psp. No issues there. If you have read previous posts, there are some guys that have issues with usbhost...something. To avoid that, I updated directly to 2.80(not 2.71) and downgraded to 1.5 and then to 3.03OE-C. It all works great. Used the latest eboot from the forum, can get full bars and usually a fix within 2-3mins. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by JoQ View Post
    Is it true that the PSP-290 doesnt keep the connection with satellites? Im thinking of buying it, and i dont want any crap that cant be used? How well does it work, please tell me everything!
    Thanks!
    To me, the psp-290 is good because it is supported by some psp games and very portable.

My experience of it with my non-TA-082 motherboard was not that good but after changing, it works perfectly and connection doesn't drop off. Hope this helps. Refer earlier posts for more info.

DCEmu Rookie

@Tapioka, I'm using a GPSlim240 with MapThis while PSP is plugged into a car charger, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Russoxley187 View Post
    Ok, I got a question...
    I finnaly got it started...
    But for some reason it will not track any sats..
    this version does still work with otuer gps's right?
    I have the 236.
    I may be wrong but I think this version only works the the psp gps 290. But like I said I may be wrong but I believe I read it somewhere in this forum.

DCEmu Rookie

there are two "variations" of MapThis!

one for the PSP-290 and one for generic GPS receivers, ie. GPSlim 236, 240, etc.

I think the current version for PSP-290 is 0.4.8 and the current version for generic GPS receiver is 0.4.7.

I'm running 3.10 OE-A', on a TA-082 board. MapThis! v48 with PSP-290. First off, if I leave my psp sitting outside pointing straight up to the sky for about 10min, it'll "see" about 8 satellites although it won't "fix" onto any of them.. I had one instance of about 4 satellites fixing, but then my psp froze. Haven't been able to get any fixed yet. I can tell that the GPS is working by turning GPS function "on", pushing start and going to GPS Info.. You can see when a satellite appears and how many it actually fixes onto.

I've also tried a mix 2.71/3.03 PRX configuration and still no luck. I'm not sure if it's just hawaii, or my PRX's, or what.. But I'm not able to "fix" onto any satellites to use it as a functional GPS so far..

Anybody got a working combo/configuraton they'd like to share with the rest of us? Maybe we can just copy ur settings and see if they work.. Thanks

Thread Information