Page 1 of 82 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: MAP THIS! version 0.461S (beta) with support for PSP-290 GPS accessory

Default MAP THIS! version 0.461S (beta) with support for PSP-290 GPS accessory

:::: Latest News [03/15/2007] ::::
    MapThis 0.497 beta version is released.. more info @
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...940#post378940

:::: Latest News [02/12/2007] ::::
    Google Maps has added subway/metro stations and detailed building outlines to some metropolitan areas.

Details can be found here: http://lifehacker.com/software/googl...ons-235914.php
    New version of gmdl (04.4b) is available to download here:
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...=33068&page=40

:::: Latest News [02/10/2007] ::::
    Another beta (0.47) is compiled. The archive contains executables for both generic and sony psp-290 receivers. See page 42 for details...

:::: Latest News [02/02/2007] ::::
    This does not belong to this thread but may be of interest to some people.
    I got my hands on the factory manufactured cable, made specifically to connect PSP with Holux recevers.
    I tested the cable with Holux GPSlim 236 and 240 units - works fine and looks much better than any of my hand-made cables. The cable can be acquired from vendors in both China and USA with a promt delivery. So if you consider using holux recevers (which seem to perform better than PSP-290) I stongly recomend getting one.
    Details can be found here: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...=45279&page=27

Update:
    Using the 3.02+ fw prx modules seem to slightly speed up the satellite acquisition, as they "memorize" the latest known location and use for faster "warmup" next time. To generate 3.03 prx modules you'll need to use C+D psar dumper with 3.03 FW update psar and user "dump w/o decryption" option..

DIGG THIS

This is the first beta version to support Sony's original GPS accessory (PSP-290)
    This version does not have support for generic gps receivers.

Get it here:
    http://deniska.dcemu.co.uk/bin/MapThis_0461S_beta.rar

NEW FEATURES:
    - GPS-290 support (dhaa :-)
    - GPS info screen with satellite data
    - Screen rotation in map mode
    - Trip reset option added to menu. Trip data does not get reset when you switch to map mode.
    - Fixed a bug in TRACK UP mode. (should not switch the mode when approaching to map's boundaries.
    NOTE: some features, like gps data re-play & wifi-download are disabled in this version...
    INSTALLATION:
    This version must be ran under 3.03 custom kernel!
    It was briefly tested with 3.03 OE-B custom firmware, but may work with older custom FW version
    (although installation may vary)
    1) Copy mapViewer folder in to /PSP/GAME303/
    2) Put usbacc.prx & usbgps.prx in MapViewer folder. Note that prx files are not supplied with this distribution.
    I tested with usbacc.prx from 2.71 FW distribution and usbgps.prx bundled with Maplus software.
    You can try using usbgps.prx from 2.71 FW, but it seems to have a problem reporting negative longitude;
    so if you are in Europe and Asia it may work for you... (the 3.03 FW usbgsp.prx does not seem to work for me)
    3) Generate a map for your area with gmdl tool and copy it inside the maps folder.
    4) Attach the usb gps-290 accessory and you should be good to go...
    CONFIGURATION:
    added new variable to config.txt:
    INITLOCATION=1
    It should accept values 0,1,2 which may affect the initial satelite lookup algorithm..
    Play with the values and see if it make any difference...
    ------------------------------------------------
    Special thanks to people who donated money and time to this project.
    ------------------------------------------------

A few notes about the receiver:
    The unit that I got from Play Asia seems to have a pretty bad sensitivity (compared to holux gpslim236). It would take ~5 minutes to get the first fix and frequently drop the connection. My holux receiver would connect withing 45 seconds and never drop the fix under the same conditions, scoring much better precision too.
    Please let me know if you experience same problems with PSP-290....

DIGG THIS

Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes!

DCEmu Rookie

Default good news keep up the good work

[this is great news and great app, soon i hope it will work with other usb gps units such as my generic bluetooth gps with usb support with a hack, now that will be great

DCEmu Newbie

awesome!

DCEmu Newbie

Default Great Work !

Great work Deniska to get Map This working with the Sony GPS (though I will not be using the Sony GPS myself). Why is this not announced on the PSP Updates site ?? This is big news !

Chris.

I'll give feedback once my GPS unit gets here.

DCEmu Newbie

(my virgin post...what better thread than this!)

I'm not sure why this thread is not hotter than what it is....ppl have been waiting for this for a long time! Got my 290 on its way...got it on ebay for $75 w/ shipping...

btw, you should start a thread about the maps...i'm having trouble finding out how to make them & specific info about them.
    ie: I'm planning a trip out of the state; does the program scroll to different maps? seemlessly? do I have to make maps for every area of my trip? hook it up!

props to the man himself!

what a quick update!!! you are so great. Let me try it and I will see how it works.

PS. I just posted a topic in Thailand local site about this program. I referred to your site. If I can't do this, please let me know I will remove the picture. Thank you for a wonderful job

here is the site http://www.flashfly.net/forums/viewt...=900966#900966

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

I need to get my hands on the GPS290. So expensive though. deniska, if I can get my hands on a GPS290, I can help test since I'm a fellow NYCer
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Jes1FromFL View Post
    (my virgin post...what better thread than this!)

I'm not sure why this thread is not hotter than what it is....ppl have been waiting for this for a long time! Got my 290 on its way...got it on ebay for $75 w/ shipping...

btw, you should start a thread about the maps...i'm having trouble finding out how to make them & specific info about them.
    ie: I'm planning a trip out of the state; does the program scroll to different maps? seemlessly? do I have to make maps for every area of my trip? hook it up!

props to the man himself!
    There is a thread about the maps...
    To sumorize, run gmdl tool, bundled with MapThis 0.4 (non-beta), select the area that you need the maps for and the zoom range and hit "Generate map" button... There are certaint tricks to it.. so if you run in to problems read the forums..

Page 1 of 82 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread Information