Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Could Sony do To Make the PSP Better?

Blog Entries

Default What Could Sony do To Make the PSP Better?

The PSP is a great console, theres no doubting that but what could be done by Sony to make it even better, have your say Here

DCEmu Newbie

Include a UV/screen protector. *praises Hori*

Make the sides matted instead of gloosed. Make the kit come with a screen protect/uv screen. Come with tv out. Be about $50 cheaper. Support loading from 1 umd disk. A bios update disk for ps2 so that you could use your psp to transfer your ps2 saves too.

DCEmu Newbie

support atrac format for the memory stick pro duo

at the moment it only works with regular duo and the bigger sticks are pro
    think of the amount of music that could be put in atrac on a 1gb stick
    Interchangeable faceplates

tv out
    burnable umd

Lightbulb

create the ability to make it a phone, add a sort of FLIP-UP keyboard for typing. add a camera attachment to take pictures, and add a microphone for online voice chat or IN GAME voice chatting. DAMN THAT WOULD BE THE SHIZNIT!

When i think about it ... it's only compitition is the DS and NOW the Sidekick because of psp's multi-possibilities. If it had those things i mentioned it would be the best and most useful thing to own.

P.S. .... maybe some sick-@$$, long lasting battery pack would be nice.

-David

Talking

o yeah and burnable UMD and TV out like criptix said.... OMG wouldnt THAT be awesome. Thank God for third party companies. This system's gonna be sooooo fuuuuun!

While there at it they mines well include every PSP game ever to be made. No ones stupid enough to include a burner in there system. Lets ****ing be reasonable.

well as cool as it sounds to burn (copy) PSP games i wasnt even talking about that. I WOULD LOVE to store movies, mp3s, and images... or even maybe online developed games/emulators that people have made on their own time ONTO UMD discs! i bet they would be so much cheaper than buying a memory stick everytime. you can burn discs and pass em out to people if you have saved pictures or movies or mp3s on them ... that would be totally kick ass!... AND YOU KNOW IT! lol

-David

England - don't forget we invented the English language!

Nothing - it is perfect as it is

Seriously though, a hard drive would have been nice if it were incorporated into the existing machine.

Apart from that I would love a UMD burner!

Red face

Well I can think of one or two things that would make the PSP a little bit better:

1. Socket for composite or Svideo output.

2. Touch Screen or keyboard (I know there will be a keyboard available soon though). Also I bet some clever person will create a clip on screen protector that when in place plugs into the USB providing a touch screen.

3. More protocol options on the WIFI, Some people don't use just WEP or PPPoE for security.

4. PDA like software built into firmware, such as calendar, address book etc..

5. Protective case supplied with even the most basic package.

6. As already mentioned by some of you, a protective screen, but I would like one that isn't shiny!

7. No dead pixels, and a returns policy for units with dead pixels. I think the PSP is going to suffer with all that I have heard on the dead pixel issue. Sony, pull your finger out!

8. Snap on face plates, allowing you to change the look/colour of the system like you can with a lot of mobile phones.

9. Better software supplied. They could have included software to convert video to the correct screen res, pixel colour depth and file name format (I get the feeling people will pick up on this and tell me things like "But Sony don't want that and want you to buy UMD's not make your own movies"). Also a little Util to auto format pictures for the unit too. I mean, it's pointless putting a huge JPG or GIF on it that's larger than the screen can take.

10. And finally, a pop up toaster so I can have breakfast on the move!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information