Thread: Crystals of Xaz project page up

Dreamcast Crystals of Xaz project page up

A page for this homebrew Fenix game is now up at The Fenix for Dreamcast Technical Page. Just click the link under the game projects heading to get to the page.
    The World Of Owen Rubin
    Atari Coinop Game Programmer #4
    http://www.orubin.com/

Good to hear news about Crysrtals of Xaz ! Let me know if you got a new beta ready for testing

Browsing your site is fun. Lots of useful information there

DCEmu Newbie

Nice...

Definitly an 80's arcade classic feel to this one.

I like the web site. Retro Sega Master System feel to the scheme.

The game itself looks like an oddessy/intellivision style game beefed up with good graphics. A definite bonus.

Looking forward to the completed game.

Through in a small in game story to why you need to destroy the bosses and I think this is an excellent game. I.E. Add some graphic screens at the begining, in between levels and at the end with a story plot using words or pictures that give motivation to shooting and or avoidng all the nasties droping down.

I would also like cheat codes or a cheat system to play through the whole game or unlock mystery items. That's just a personal preference. Just because it's a homemade game. Doesn't mean you can not add bonus stuff. Maybe get a different ship, or differnt types of weapons or a different ending or warp zones or something wacky. A reason to keep playing the game, instead of the same thing every time you play. Mix it up a bit.

A lot of what you're suggesting is already going into or in the game. There are some mystery items and certain actions that award huge bonuses. There's already a warp feature, different levels of weapons, a couple of bonus weapons, and as you level up in the game (a la Rez), your ship will change. As far as playing through the whole game, the skil-step feature will allow you to do that. It's a variation on the level select, but requires a bit of skill to advance. Thanks for the suggestions.

As far as a story goes, I've yet to write one up. And as far as some sort of storyboarding goes, I have yet to come across an artist that will stick with the project. I need to ask around again. If I end up doing the graphics myself, it'll REALLY look 80s

I've been holding off on doing any boss work until I can find someone to handle the graphics for it.
    The World Of Owen Rubin

Heh. I just realized, watching the video on the page, that the enemy #2 (the green ones) aren't moving as they should. They're moving straight down instead. Looks like I shot that vid using the pre-alpha. I need to shoot another vid, since the next alpha is MUCH better and almost completely bug-free. Not to mention, the game has a new name
    The World Of Owen Rubin

Thread Information