Thread: PCX on PSP?

Default PCX on PSP?

i am totally greatfull to DCEMU for posting a very detailed and very GUI type guide to making your PSP 1.50 to 3.02 so that one can play PSX games on PSP.

But some have forgotten me and other like me are a hell lot noobier and dont know anything about emu on PSP. so i need to ask if there is a installer version on this custom update (like the Devhook .46 w/e). if there is one please could someone tell me and the other question is if the PSX emulation is even worth the upgrade? i mean is it working smoothly. i mean its not another N64 type emulator on PSP thingy is it?

i know as to most of the seasoned ppl on these forums this comes as no surprise that"yet another noob is asking for direction instead of searching" well i did search but can find what i really need.

so please could you answer to me in this thread?

thanks

You just download the 3.03 oea files and read the readme. it tells you everything step by step and is very simple to understand.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48025

Download the 3.03oeb update and that is even more straight forward just put the file in game150 folder.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48812

The psx emulator on 3.03oeb is working perfect no lag atall. Playing it now

lets see 100% like sonys emu only takes up more space for games but id say its gonna get smaller so ya it is totaly worth the upgrade!

i kinda forgot to mention that my PSP is 1.50 USA version and i normally use the devhook .46 (notsure) to emulate the 2.71 FW and play UMDs.

is it ok?

and by instally the 3.03oea on my PSP 1.50 am i permanently upgrading my PSP? to another version?

p.s sorry for the late reply i have been looking t other ppls experinces in the forum.

King of killed the_eternal_dark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eject_hunter View Post
    i kinda forgot to mention that my PSP is 1.50 USA version and i normally use the devhook .46 (notsure) to emulate the 2.71 FW and play UMDs.

is it ok?

and by instally the 3.03oea on my PSP 1.50 am i permanently upgrading my PSP? to another version?

p.s sorry for the late reply i have been looking t other ppls experinces in the forum.
    You can go to the 3.03 OE fw's easily with 1.5. You aren't permanently updated, as you can downgrade via the recovery menu (assuming you have the downgrade files set up) and return to 1.5 if you like.

Here are the recovery files:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...=3.03+recovery

You will need to find the 1.5 update, at psp-hacks.com or elsewhere.

Just follow the directions.

PM me if you need any further help.

though i highly doubt that you would want to go back to 1.5 after updating to 3.03 OE

Thread Information