Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pope condemns video games

Quote Originally Posted by xsimmonsx View Post
    'the trivialization of human sexuality is a perversion'

Well I know one thing, I'd rather my have my kids involved within the safety of a gaming community than amongst a bunch of paedophiles and pervert at church.

Religion is the biggest problem the world's ever encountered, violence in games is nothing compared to the long term nut jobs religion produces.

I'm sorry if any of you are into it, but I have a very, very hard time believing about 'the invisible man who lives in the sky'.
    damn right! well said! The pope can suck my cack and ill shove a joystick up his a**... Religion ruins creative imo, and if ur truly really into it ur like a simple programed robot.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpedro View Post
    "fine art" and "uplifting music" i pretty sure these can be found in many games, if you class nice graphics as fine art.
    Well, video games such as Final Fantasy (for the 3D oriented consoles... Eh, FF6 as well) and [This other one for the PS2, that looks like a "living" canvas] portray as sense of art similar to the way movies do.

And as for music... I'd agree had he said "no more rap with vulgar language". Either way, anything controversial, the church's been against.

Also, it seems like he wants to bring the world back to pre-World War II.... :P

And... "$#@! please!"

DCEmu Newbie

he has an opinion. i can respect that. im sure he's has an interesting perspective as a (presumably) non-gamer. He just gets to look at the matter "from outside the box", too bad we're not all that fortunate.

I like the other pope better as well, he kept his dam yap shut !!

DCEmu Newbie

What a Nub lol, he probably got pwnd on Cs:s and is pissed... Or This could be twisted into some sort of racial attack against the japanse :
    1# They Like video games a hella lot.
    2# they Like animation a hella lot and where teh creators as such ( Anime, Manga and so on ...)
    3# Japan has no ..censor ship laws ? or very laxed one s ?

i dunno ...to the Batcave robin !

the real question is... What would Bryan Boitano do in this situation?

DCEmu Newbie

Default wow lol

maybe if the pope learned a few things from frye who would shut his ass up. A game doesnt cause problems, its how a person interprets them, a game doesnt cause violence, a dumb little kid does. I think the pope should get out of his nazi costume and see that hes a peice of ***otry in a kool ass hat.. he doesnt deserve it but yea boo pope benedict, and yes john was kooler

Quote Originally Posted by irishwhip View Post
    i believe religion has killed more people than video games.
    amen to that brother, now would you like to go on a gta style rampage through town in the name of god to cleanse all these filthy video-game playing souls?

Hm, he's representing GOD on earth, and he's GERMAN (remember: where they're thinking about to put a ban on all violent games and where Doom, Wolfenstein and Quake already are illegal), and he fought in WWII - on the wrong side! ....what do you expect?

I guess religion and war had a bad influence on him. ^^

...also why is he so concerned about parents ? He never was and never will be a parent.

Hmm, videogames are virtual fun, and the catholic church is fun of pedophiles. How odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by irishwhip View Post
    i believe religion has killed more people than video games.
    I'd also bet "God" has killed more people than "satan."

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information