Thread: Imports, AV lead needed???

Default Imports, AV lead needed???

Hi there I only recently got myself a dreamcast, and have ben having a look around to get a few decent games. I borrowed a couple of imports but have been unable to play them.

When I boot them up, the screen just goes grey and a bit flickery. I figure this is because they are NTSC games and the TV (a 32inch Philips which is only 2 years old) doesn't like it. At present the dreamcast is connected via the RF module thingy. and the pic is fine for most stuff just not these imports.

However, I know that the TV is capable of displaying NTSC images as I have a modded psx and a couple of imported games which display in NTSC and it's fine with those, the only difference is that the playstation is connected via an AV lead which utimately goes into a scart socket.

I figure i I get an AV lead for the dreamcast and plug it into the TV via scart, it is likely to cure the dsplay problems with the import games??

Valve

Acorn Electron User

I haven't used the RF lead in ages so I can't say if that's the issue but my PAL DC plays Japanese imports fine with the DC Scart Cable or VGA box.

You have got a boot disc, right? Without that you certainly won't play be able to play any imports (unless it's chipped).

For boot disc info, this thread might help:
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...highlight=CD-X

Yeah, i've got a boot disc and the game seems to be loading fine cos I can hear it and the VMU displays the game name etc, it's just the screen isn't displaying it.

I think I'll give an av lead a try and see if it works.

Valve

Thread Information