Thread: Wii and DS help Nintendo profits soar

Blog Entries

General games Wii and DS help Nintendo profits soar

via gamesindustry

The successful launch of the Wii and the continued strong performance of the DS has boosted Nintendo, with the company enjoying a 43 per cent rise in profits for the nine months ended December 31.

The company has recorded net profit of 131.9 billion yen (EUR 844.1m) in the first nine months of the fiscal year, up from 92.2 billion yen (EUR 590m) in the same period last year.

Sales climbed a massive 73 per cent to 712.6 billion yen (EUR 4.5bn) during April through to December, compared to 412.3 billion (EUR 2.63bn) the previous year.

Nineteen of Nintendo's software releases since April have sold over one million units, 13 of which were DS titles while three were for the Wii and three for the Game Boy Advance.

Sales of the Wii have reached 3.19 million units worldwide, according to Nintendo. 1.25 units have been sold in North America with 1.14 units sold in Japan.

Nintendo still expects to reach its target of six million global shipments by March 31, with seven million units manufactured by that date.

Blog Entries

Nintendo are in top form, I hope it stays this way!

man nintendo rules i hope nintendo gets to be the best out of sony and microsoft they ruls so much but you know there was always the fact about some of the x box games comin out for ds thats so sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DCEmu Newbie

the wii and ds are a very nice combination indeed, touch screen and remote controllers, its really nice that they went ahead and released these, brings new gameplay etc.

i wish i knew how to do stocks.. cause when the cube was doing badly i wanted to buy some cause i loved my DS and i had high hopes for the revolution.
    go nintendo, go!

Thread Information