Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Whats the Best Option for Big File Storage on PSP ?

thanks for the link guy even better, free shipping and a $30 rebate!!

DCEmu Legend

4GB Ultra II memory stick is the best way to go.

SanDisk, please design an 8GB variant of your Ultra II, Extreme III, or RapidGX product line.

When's the 8 gig duo coming out? It'll probably be worth about another PSP but nonetheless it is what I want cus I hate having to transfer my files back and forth over from my computer. I also don't enjoy carrying around multiple cards cus I've already lost my 512.

DCEmu Newbie

so isnt a neo 8 in 1 pad a better choice they come with
    a 4gb mini hard drive allows you to combine different flash cards with it.
    so you can combine that old sd card with your 32mb or bigger memory stick and that 4gb hard drive.

The 4gb Hard Drive is to big. The PSP is ment to be portable, small and not that heavy,

i went with a friend to get a memory stick today and we was lookin at the 2 gig sony pro duos and it said 2 gig on the package but on the memory stick itself said one gig. i got a kick out of it lol. I just recently got a 1 gig, its all i had the money for, for the time being. I just seen on QJ.net that fry.com has 4 gig san disk ultra II memory sticks for 70 bucks and it come with free shipping, wish i had waitd a little bit longer lmao

Quote Originally Posted by crazy frog View Post
    so isnt a neo 8 in 1 pad a better choice they come with
    a 4gb mini hard drive allows you to combine different flash cards with it.
    so you can combine that old sd card with your 32mb or bigger memory stick and that 4gb hard drive.
    how does this work? do you use all the memory at once or do you have to switch between them and how much it is it looks kinda sweet lol

DCEmu Newbie

"ohh wait forget the sd card adapter guys it has a 2gb limit per card and it only reads one card at a time so forget that just go with option #1. Newegg got the ultra II 4 gig cards for $100 and the regular 4 gig card for $87."

You can put 2 cards in at once actually, you just have to put tehm both in together and format it. i cant remember if it supports 2x2gb sd cards at once, but i seem to remember something about it doing so as long as you are not on 1.5.

i own 2x2gb sandisk duo sticks, the datel drive, and an sd card adapter with a few different sd cards. My opinion is that most of the time i just end up using my duo cards, its a lot easier not to have stuff sticking out of the back, especially when you have the psp in your pocket or in a playgear pocket (you cant use the x2 battery, the datel drive, or the dual memory expander in a playgear ocket and its a bit of a bitch getting it into the neoprene case with tehm on too (but not impossible).
    for long journeys however the sd card thing is fantastic - with 2gig sd cards costing 10 quid from amazon you have tonnes of storage for really cheap, and it doesnt matter about how it fits into your pocket. It feels a bit flimsy stuck on the back, unlike the datel thing which fit well (but broke soon after i got it). I use the x2 battery almost exclusively (apart from when its in teh playear pocket), to anyone who complains that stuff out of teh abck gets in teh way i have to disagree - they act like a handle and make it much easier to hold.

so in conclusion - you want the drive for your pocket playing mp3s, or care about what it looks like - fork out the extra on the memory stick duo

you want it for playing games on a long treck and dont care as much about its appearance, or you happen to have lots of sd cards - get the sd card reader

</rant>

DCEmu Newbie

oh and if it makes a difference to anyone then i have a second 2gig sd card unopened that i can try out formatting with my other to 4 gig to see if it works

DCEmu Art Pro

What about a internal hard drive mod

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information