Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Guide] How to flash a new default background (and keep wavy lines) 3.03oec

Default [Guide] How to flash a new default background (and keep wavy lines) 3.03oec

(discovered by vision - idea improved by zion )

Guide created by Zion

This is how to change your background to a more cool and colorfull one like the included pic attached below, + keep the cool wavy lines too

Right then.

First download the attached pspfilerv2.4.
    Create a image in .bmp format with the size being 60x34 and has to be named "01-12.bmp" without the ".

Next go to theme settings on your psp, then to theme, and change it to original.
    It wont work unless its set to original

next, put the 01-12.bmp image you made in the root of your memory stick.

start psp filer, once its started press L+R+D-Pad-Left

now navigate to your 01-12.bmp file and press square then x. press circle now to copy it into the ramdisk.

once done press circle again.

press start twice (should say file:[flash0:/]) at the top now.

go to vsh/ and press circle. now go to resource and press circle. now then, press cross/x then press triangle, press circle to confirm overwriting the previous bmp file.

and your done

press select + Start to quit to the xmb and enjoy your new background

for 3.03oe users just start up recovery mode, click advanced then toggle usb(flash0).

and in windows navigate (your psp directory) to vsh/resource then just paste/replace the current 01-12.bmp file with your new one.

i have included the default image just in case you make a mess of it or dont like it.

Tested on 3.03oec [/U][/B]

enjoy

Same method with a few changes works for custom gameboots too on 3.03oec ive just done mine now using the same method but with a gameboot.pmf file. Its in the same directory as the background image, so you should be able to work out how to do it

I made this guide to help others but take no responsibilty if your psp bricks as a result.

Download & Give Feedback Via Comments

Nice guide!

nice but xflash does it for you good work

X-Flash doesn't work in 3.03OE-C

ya but theres newer versions of filer out so y use this?

use which ever filer you want, i just posted that because thats the version i used to do it

Zion.. i give credit to you, but i think that you should give credit to my buddy Vision, who has tried to get people to notice this. look: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...=custom+themes

also we dont need filer anymore since we can see flash 0 in usb mode using recovery. lol

i am going to check out your themes now, i love seeing new backgrounds. i never liked sony's originals

i see, lemme update the post

i never saw that thread would you belive

nah...i just stick to 3.0x oe customizer,it just change the background for me

Thanks zion, i did not think of putting a background instead of simple colors, also do you aim i can give you a merger it will merge 01.bmp 02.bmp ... all together in to a 01-12.bmp so you can actually have more than one background

Also thanks XG for bringing that up apreciated

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information