Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Little John NES module for PSP - Proof of Concept

Great work Tinnus!! please keep it up!!
    the more emu's the merrier!!

youre a braver man than I .. I wouldnt release anything until this scene is like the XBOX and DC scene where the people left are real homebrewer's and not just 15 yr olds who want more and more that they wont use

again good job

Quote Originally Posted by scarph View Post
    i understand that it was a silly palm os nes emulator....but who cares, we have a perfect emulator

use your 1337 skills making a good n64 emu or something
    Uncool

Don't flame, you of all shouldn't as i don't think you know how to code. Any homebrew is okay in my book. A nes emulator is a + for me.

Do it again and i will give you a infraction

-back on topic-

Thanks for the news post tinnus I hope this runs mike tysons punch out well as nester couldn't run it perfectly (minor graphical glitches and crashes).

Excellent work - I'm glad on people porting libraries as well as just apps for the PSP - look where SDL got us

With Little John, we should be able to have a faster development cycle. It will be interesting to see how well this emulator turns out - I'm giving more marks for UI on this one (not yet, I mean future releases) as I find NesterJ's interface just a little on the boring side making me less likely to play these excellent games

NesterJ is not as good as it could be. It can only run most games full speed at 222Mhz. Why not 200? Or 180, look at MMSPlus, it seems to be the most efficient small console emulator - the amount of playing hours you can get out of it is unbelievable

Any new emulators are welcome, and I'd be inteested top see the capabilities of this Little John - I'm looking at a GBC emulator that supports IR and/or serial port emulation - PEOPLE WANT POKEMON BATTLES IN MY SCHOOL :F

Hopefully we'll see more of this in the future. Until then - I will be downgrading everyone's PSP for them \m/

Why not making a decent Amstrad CPC emulator ?

NesterJ is not as good as it could be.
    Some roms don't work with Nesterj (They are some underground Chinese roms with a crappy programming, but it is still funny to discover such games )...

DCEmu Newbie

Keep up the good work!!!!
    keeps crashing my psp anyone get this to work?

Tinnus my friend! I am so glad to hear this news and I, like you, have taken a break from LJP for a while. About a year ago I was extremely excited by LJR and the new *** emulator that would be added to it. Although it took me many overinformative hints to find out what *** was, I finally did. After I was excited about LJR and checked up on it everyday, I became excited by my brand new PSP, which I only purchased because it was $100. Then my excitement was taken away from LJP/LJR for a while but I still kept it in the back of my mind. Later on I realized that LJR is a multiplatform set of emulators and not just for Palm OS, thus redrawing my excitement for LJR. Now that you have posted this great news about your beginnings of LJ for PSP I am extremely intrigued and cannot wait for even the smallest updates. Good luck in all of your coding and once again I am very excited to try out your upcoming releases. By the way good luck on PSX4Palm, although I don't use my Zire 72 anymore, I have given it to my dad, I still try to keep up to date on LJP and I can't wait to hear about any release info. Don't worry about what people say here because most of them don't know anything about you or LJP thus they can't appreciate your work. Good luck.

Edit: By the way people, LJR is a multiplatform emulator compilation so keep your eyes peeled for the PC version, which I am almost as excited for as the PSP version. And if any of you want to talk about this or hear more news, the main site for LJR, LJP, and SNES9xTYL is right here http://yoyofr.proboards44.com/index.cgi

Edit 2: Sorry I keep thinking of new things about this because I can't wait. Is there going to be a version for Linux so we can play LJR on PS3?

DCEmu Newbie

LJZ was the primary reason for keeping my Tapwave Zodiac.

Good work Tinnus!

Hopefully this includes a ground-up revamp of the SNES core.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by mavsman4457 View Post
    Edit 2: Sorry I keep thinking of new things about this because I can't wait. Is there going to be a version for Linux so we can play LJR on PS3?
    Once the final thing with source is out, the SDL version would pretty much compile anywhere with a SDL installation--I suppose PS3 Linux included.

Now, that would be fun

I might do a PS2 version too, as soon as I get my PS2 mod-chipped to run homebrew

Now that PSP can be downgraded from 3.03 , now more than ever is easy to hack a PSP. Although NesterJ is a great PSP NES Emulator... it hasn't been updated in a while. In other words... Thank you so much for this and hope you keep making more releases. I bookmarked your website to keep checking for new releases.

Awesome stuff Tinnus. An all in one emu would definately find a home on my PSP. The NES shots look great, keep up the good work.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information