Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Little John NES module for PSP - Proof of Concept

DCEmu Coder

Default Little John NES module for PSP - Proof of Concept

This is the PSP version of the NES module in the Little John emulator collection (formerly known as LJP or LJZ for PalmOS). It's currently undergoing a complete re-work and that includes a PSP port

Yes, eventually the full Little John suite will be available for the PSP too in its new and shiny version

But, for now, I bring to you only the NES module--not that it means little though.

Features:
    - Full speed (@333Mhz and v-sync ON)
    - Full screen
    - Full sound at 44 KHz
    - Full controls (D-Pad, X = A, O = B)
    - Biggest mapper and overall compatibility ever (I'm yet to find a game that doesn't work)

Does NOT feature:
    - Any type of configuration. Remember, this is a POC, not a full-fledged emulator with bells and whistles. The final version will have all the bells you want.

Instructions:
    - Place the % and non % directories in /PSP/GAME if you're in 1.5 or /PSP/GAME150 if you're in 2.71SE or 3.0X OE.
    - Place a NES rom file in the non % directory and call it myrom.nes.
    - Launch it and play

Remember this is basically only to show off the potential of both the new LJ framework and the NES module itself... but it's still fun to play anyway

Technical addendum: The PSP port, with all it has, was done in less than a day (while doing other stuff). I suppose once I get the other modules working, they could be ported as easily as this one.

GPL addendum: I do know the NES module in LJP is GPL'ed but I have a reason not to put the source up for download... besides being lazy, the framework code is still being heavily worked on. Although if someone politely asks for it, I won't refuse. But I repeat myself--it's pointless for now since it's completely WIP at the moment. If you just want the code for the NES emulator, get the sourcecode from LJP at http://www.little-john.net . Thanks for your cooperation

Download and Give Feedback via comments

PSP User

What else is in this "Little John emulator collection " I have never heard of it...

we have a full speed nes emulator with perfect compatibility, its called nester

and you can use wifi with it too

DCEmu Coder

If you don't get the point of it, don't complain. This is not meant to be a "I have a better NES emulator" notice. It's just to show the WIP for LJ.

Makes me wonder if it was worth it to post it here.

gr42178: Check http://www.little-john.net . It's formerly a collection of emulators for PalmOS.

DS User

Quote Originally Posted by scarph View Post
    we have a full speed nes emulator with perfect compatibility, its called nester

and you can use wifi with it too
    We all know that. Not nice of you.

He could be just polishing his 1337 skills (like he said he worked porting for a day and succeded). Besides its nice to have options, you never know what could come of this.

i understand that it was a silly palm os nes emulator....but who cares, we have a perfect emulator

use your 1337 skills making a good n64 emu or something

PSP User

i understand that it was a silly palm os nes emulator....but who cares, we have a perfect emulator

A multi game emulator wouldnt be a bad thing. Dont discourage people from working on stuff. Nice job Tinnus :thumbup:

DCEmu Old Pro

How bout you just shove it, seriously this is a proof of concept from a coder that knows more about coding an emu then you could ever know

its a proof of concept you inconsiderit bum, we can expect much from from tinnus, like your n64 emu hes just trying to prove to himself that he can port the system

and i hope we dont expect people like you ranting on that something is useless, dont like it then get the HELL out of here

great work tinnus hope your port some more consoles

i agree nice job. no need to flame like a child. i think it has been a while since there was another nes made. i cant wait to see the final product. what are the other emulaters on the orignial?

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Tinnus View Post
    If you don't get the point of it, don't complain. This is not meant to be a "I have a better NES emulator" notice. It's just to show the WIP for LJ.

Makes me wonder if it was worth it to post it here.

gr42178: Check http://www.little-john.net . It's formerly a collection of emulators for PalmOS.
    You mean the one you took over from Yoyo and then promptly abandoned?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information