Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good dc games

Question Good dc games

what in your opionon are good or the best game son thee dreamcast neede some advice as i'm getting some more games but i need them to be good

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

homebrew or commercial?

Default Answer

Comercial

Soul Reaver, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Skies Of Arcadia, Crazy Taxi... those should get you started.

Acorn Electron User

3 of my personal faves would be:

Ikaruga (Japanese Import) - a wonderfully beautiful and difficult shoot-em up
    Soul Calibur - you've just gotta
    Rayman 2 - Great 3D Platformer. I enjoyed playing so much. - much more than many other DC games inc. Sonic Adventure 1.

Those mentioned by Shanic are all good too. I especially like the way the game streams from the disc in Soul Reaver - so much bettter than loading screens.

I guess it depends on the genre or type of games you like playing. I like ones you can pick up and play.

Cool

There are soo many good ones...pick 3?

Well as stated SoulCalibur is amazing...also for fighting games Powerstone 2 is alot of fun especially for more than 1 player and DOA2. Skies Of Arcadia (also as stated) is probably the best RPG Adventure for DC..running in at a close second I'd also recomend Grandia 2. I didn't see mentioned one of my favorite racing games ever so I will also say San Francisco RUSH 2049.

Skies of Arcadia is one of the best and most under-rated RPGs ever made, IMO beats FF VII by miles. Get it if you can find it.

Street Fighter 3 Alpha takes up alot of my time on the DC, as it really takes a long time to get old and since it can be found fairly cheap (£3 in CeX) it's well worth it.

DCEmu Newbie

I'll tell ya, I've always been a fan of Phantasy Star since it was on the Sega Master System...and I've yet to be dissapointed, .

So here's my 3 (hard to choose) picks:

Phantasy Star Online V.2
    Maken X
    Soul Caliber

But remember, there are so many good games for DC that you can rarely go wrong.

Acorn Electron User

If you're not online, I wouldn't recommend Phantasy Star Online at all unless you like spending hours doing dull repetitive tasks round the same levels over and over again.

I found it really boring (offline). Yet to play it online but have no intention to. Grandia 2 is a rather good RPG though with quite an interesting combat system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information