Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ys: The Ark of Napishtim (Special Edition)

Blog Entries

psp Ys: The Ark of Napishtim (Special Edition)

New Commercial game released for PSP:

Washed ashore on an uncharted island, Adol Christin begins a new journey in Ys: The Ark of Napishtim. Lush environments, beautifully rendered characters and animated 3D backdrops combine to create the setting for Adol's newest adventure. Now on the PSP™ portable gaming system, our red-headed hero must fight deadly monsters and menacing bosses with a variety of sword combinations, special attacks and magical spells to uncover the secrets that lie in Canaan's mysterious whirlpools.

The Special Edition contains an original dungeon "cave of seal", a character dabase, a Ys Media Player, trial mode and more.

Konami's PSP™ RPG game Ys: The Ark of Napishtim (Special Edition) is in stock today, shipping as Japanese release version at US$ 48.90 only. The official Asia release version of this game has been cancelled.

Game features:

Power-up three magical swords to gain special abilities and attacks
    Combines real-time, fast-paced action and strategic boss battles
    Unlock and play fun new mini-games with characters from the island
    Play soundtrack & view character profiles in brand new modes

Buy at Play Asia

I almost flipped out when I saw this! This was the game I bought my PSP for, and I finally got it just a few months ago -- and a special edition is already out!?!?!?!! From the sounds of Wraggy's post, it sounds like everything that's in this version is in the English version, so I checked out Konami's official site (took for freakin' ever to find and load the page!) to see what the official details are.

Anyway the site (http://www.konami.jp/ys-napishtim/ps...ial/index.html) lists the following changes:
    1) Original Map Event "The Sealed Cavern"
    2) Character Database
    3) Ys Media Player
    4) Trial Mode
    5) Other:
    (1) Added Quick Save Feature
    (2) Analog Pad Support
    (3) Enlarged Conversation Font
    (4) Shortened Loading Times
    (5) Password Ranking

Now, I'm positive that the English version has everything but (4) and (5) (I don't know what (5) is, but (4) is SORELY needed). Can anybody who has the original Japanese version confirm that the other features were originally missing in it?

Apparently they're going to update the site in the near future with more details, but for the time being, my head is becoming raw and bloody from all of this scratching!

Quote Originally Posted by b8a View Post
    I almost flipped out when I saw this! This was the game I bought my PSP for, and I finally got it just a few months ago -- and a special edition is already out!?!?!?!! From the sounds of Wraggy's post, it sounds like everything that's in this version is in the English version, so I checked out Konami's official site (took for freakin' ever to find and load the page!) to see what the official details are.

Anyway the site (http://www.konami.jp/ys-napishtim/ps...ial/index.html) lists the following changes:
    1) Original Map Event "The Sealed Cavern"
    2) Character Database
    3) Ys Media Player
    4) Trial Mode
    5) Other:
    (1) Added Quick Save Feature
    (2) Analog Pad Support
    (3) Enlarged Conversation Font
    (4) Shortened Loading Times
    (5) Password Ranking

Now, I'm positive that the English version has everything but (4) and (5) (I don't know what (5) is, but (4) is SORELY needed). Can anybody who has the original Japanese version confirm that the other features were originally missing in it?

Apparently they're going to update the site in the near future with more details, but for the time being, my head is becoming raw and bloody from all of this scratching!
    Hahahahahaha!!:rofl:
    True enough, Nihon Falcom's games are the best!

yeah ark of naphishtim pwns i have it

DCEmu Regular

Yes you're right. Pretty much all those are in the English version. I wonder why most of that wasn't in the japanese version? As much of an Ys fanatic as I am I don't think this is worth me spending the extra money on. Especially since I just forked over quite a bit of money on Ys Origins for the PC. Ys Napishtim was the reason I bought my psp as well. There's nothing like Ys on the go. Now if we could only have a PC-Engine emu that has good Super CD support I'll be happy. It's a shame when projects seem so close to completion then either the desire to work on it stops or something technical causes production to stop. Oh well I'm still glad Napishtim is on the psp anyways.

DCEmu Newbie

The original was a decent game but the load times after every small section kill the game play (and your battery). Hopefully this version really makes it better.

I even went as far as trying to rip this to an ISO just to see if it would speed up load times.

cool game!!!!

PSP User

This is more of a zelda type game than a RPG right?

DCEmu Regular

Yes. This is more of an action rpg rather than the turn based rpg's. I wouldn't say it's like Zelda though. This game has more simple gameplay that (to me) makes the game even more fun than Zelda. At least give it a try. I'm sure you can find the game for cheap now.

Seeing as a special edition of this game is out, I so want to get it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information