Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Yet Another FAQ for MapThis!

DCEmu Newbie

just thought id add what i can, im running 3.40 oe-a and .499 beta mapthis, with 3.40 usbacc and usbgps prx's and folders ar ein game150 folder. loads up in 1.5 kernel and 3.40 kernel. going to go do some testing outside. one question though, if i go to help in the map screen it says it is still .497???

DCEmu Newbie

Hey, you accidentally answered one of my previous questions (where is the version number...)

And I can confirm that using the 0.499 only zip file, I too have .497.

DCEmu Newbie

yea i just opened the help.txt file and changed it to .499 :P but i do have a question, has anyone figured out a quick way to make small maps?? mine ar ealways HUGE in size

DCEmu Newbie

question to ->
    Creating point to point routes with GMDL
    9. Activate the „create intermittant“ function and leave the default value, otherwise you will only have the most important waypoints in your map and it won’t look like an outlined route from start to end.

where i activate this function?

DCEmu Newbie

NEVERMIND!

I upgraded to 3.40 OE-A and it works like a charm!

PLEASE HELP

I think I may have a bad GPS unit.

3.10 OE-A on a launch day PSP.

Using the "3.40oe_and_psp-290.rar" (and the included prx's) found in this thread for the 3.40oe. Mapthis is installed in the game310 folder and will launch fine. I turn on GPS and check in the GPS Info. The GPS info reports the GPS STATE: OFF. Is the GPS supposed to light up, or give any kind of indication it is functioning? When I remove the GPS and plug a USB cable connected to my computer the status changes to activativing. I have a second PSP that I will upgrade to 3.40 oe tonight and test with that PSP, any suggestions?

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    PLEASE HELP

I think I may have a bad GPS unit.

3.10 OE-A on a launch day PSP.

Using the "3.40oe_and_psp-290.rar" (and the included prx's) found in this thread for the 3.40oe. Mapthis is installed in the game310 folder and will launch fine. I turn on GPS and check in the GPS Info. The GPS info reports the GPS STATE: OFF. Is the GPS supposed to light up, or give any kind of indication it is functioning? When I remove the GPS and plug a USB cable connected to my computer the status changes to activativing. I have a second PSP that I will upgrade to 3.40 oe tonight and test with that PSP, any suggestions?

Try presing square to turn on the gps then wait a few seconds and press start. Then go to the gps info, then walk outside and stand still for about 5 minutes. I guarrantee you will get a solid fix on some sats and you will be a happy guy.

Trust me I though my gps was broken as well. I got mine today and turned it on and was waiting for a fix for a good 4 hours. Then I realized that maybe, just maybe, I would get lucky is I go outside. as soon as I got outside i got 2 or 3 sats found. Then after probably 3 minutes I got a good fix. Basically I just did that like 10 minutes ago.

Morale of the story:

If something is wrong, go outside.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    Try presing square to turn on the gps then wait a few seconds and press start. Then go to the gps info, then walk outside and stand still for about 5 minutes. I guarrantee you will get a solid fix on some sats and you will be a happy guy.

Trust me I though my gps was broken as well. I got mine today and turned it on and was waiting for a fix for a good 4 hours. Then I realized that maybe, just maybe, I would get lucky is I go outside. as soon as I got outside i got 2 or 3 sats found. Then after probably 3 minutes I got a good fix. Basically I just did that like 10 minutes ago.

Morale of the story:

If something is wrong, go outside.
    The firmware was my initial problem. Now that it is "working" I find the signal is next to useless in my city (Milwaukee, WI). I get about 5-6 SAT's in view, with only 3 fixed after about 10 minutes. I never get better then a 36 SNR (assuming SNR is signal to noise ratio and the higher the number the better) on the best fix. I'm also constantly loosing my fix.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Impact2k View Post
    question to ->
    Creating point to point routes with GMDL
    9. Activate the „create intermittant“ function and leave the default value, otherwise you will only have the most important waypoints in your map and it won’t look like an outlined route from start to end.

where i activate this function?
    can anyone help me please? =)

how do i downgrade a 3.50. and is the only other thing that i need to do is download the stable mapthis for psp-290? please reply at : myspace.com/theonethatruinstheworld

DCEmu Newbie

uhm, is this what you are looking for?

http://www.psp-hacks.com/2007/06/26/...re-downgrader/

Thread Information