Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Yet Another FAQ for MapThis!

DCEmu Newbie

I've called myself lookin for a how to start to finish install of this program for my psp I'm running 3.40oe-a and the psp-290. I've tried most of the links on this page and the most I can get out of it is an error tried mapthis .0461s .0497 .0498 .5 .501
    need help!
    thanks
    ( the error I get is can not load usbacc.prx) does any know what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by raj_ace_in View Post
    Dear Atomic Lingo,
    you can easily upgrade your psp from 1.5 to 3.03 oe-c, format mem stick, download 303OEC_EASY file from http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/55 and follow the instruction that is in the read me file.

raj

Dear raj_ace_in,
    I have upgreaded my PSP from 1.5 to 3.03 OE-C which have you advised easy way .It was successful.Please let me know could it able to upgrade for other FW version as 2.50-2.60-2.71 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Lingo View Post
    Dear raj_ace_in,
    I have upgreaded my PSP from 1.5 to 3.03 OE-C which have you advised easy way .It was successful.Please let me know could it able to upgrade for other FW version as 2.50-2.60-2.71 etc.
    Just toss in the Custom 3.52 M33 and the updates to M33-4 and follow my guides.

Default PSP 290 probs

hey all,

been reading around and cant find a solution 2 my problem yet so decided to post.

Got a PSP and according to Settings --> System Settings --> System Information, the system software is 3.10 OE-A. Does anyone know if the PSP290 and MapThis! works on this version? I'm using 2.71 usbacc.prx and 3.03 usbgps.prx which I downloaded from the links the OP listed.

Basically what is happening is I open up the MapThis! v0.4.98, it asks me to select a map, which is empty but I press the O key which loads the Sydney maps that I have downloaded and it displays the map. When I drive around, I press the [Start] key, scroll to "GPS Info" and leave that running. It picks up at max 4 satellites but I dunno how to (if i even need to) connect to the satellites.

edit: the map now has the name i want as I renamed the folder with an "_" (underscore) in front!

I notice that my Latitude, Longitude and Bearing doesn't change even if I drive around. Isn't it meant to update as I drive around if it works?

I used the Green Proggie program after realising that its for testing if the PSP290 works, and it failed to load the first step.

Does anyone have any idea why or how I can get it working or what I'm doing wrong? Any help is MUCH MUCH appreciated!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by whose_da_man88 View Post
    hey all,

been reading around and cant find a solution 2 my problem yet so decided to post.

Got a PSP and according to Settings --> System Settings --> System Information, the system software is 3.10 OE-A. Does anyone know if the PSP290 and MapThis! works on this version? I'm using 2.71 usbacc.prx and 3.03 usbgps.prx which I downloaded from the links the OP listed.

Basically what is happening is I open up the MapThis! v0.4.98, it asks me to select a map, which is empty but I press the O key which loads the Sydney maps that I have downloaded and it displays the map. When I drive around, I press the [Start] key, scroll to "GPS Info" and leave that running. It picks up at max 4 satellites but I dunno how to (if i even need to) connect to the satellites.

edit: the map now has the name i want as I renamed the folder with an "_" (underscore) in front!

I notice that my Latitude, Longitude and Bearing doesn't change even if I drive around. Isn't it meant to update as I drive around if it works?

I used the Green Proggie program after realising that its for testing if the PSP290 works, and it failed to load the first step.

Does anyone have any idea why or how I can get it working or what I'm doing wrong? Any help is MUCH MUCH appreciated!

Cheers!
    Upgrade to 3.52 M33-4 and MapThis v0.5 youre running on stonhedge-aged softwares *Lol* :rofl:

Follow my guide to extract your own .prx files and the others to get it working

Dear Friends,
    Which PSP Firmware versions are working for PSP-290 GPS adapter without problem? As 2.50 or 2.60 or 2.71 etc....

DCEmu Pro

When deniska releases his next version, PRX files will be loaded from firmware instead of from the MapThis folder. For this, you'll need at least 2.70 (homebrew enabled obviously ).

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Lingo View Post
    Dear Friends,
    Which PSP Firmware versions are working for PSP-290 GPS adapter without problem? As 2.50 or 2.60 or 2.71 etc....
    The PSP-290 and Map this v0.5+ works fine on 3.52 M33-4 and even on a Slim running 3.71 M33 if you dump your own .prx files and decrypt the encrypted files with Team m33 firmware dumper.

Im running three PSPs "Fat" with 3.52 M33-4 and one slim running 3.71 M33 and it works great with MapThis v0.5

Quote Originally Posted by Nieko View Post
    When deniska releases his next version, PRX files will be loaded from firmware instead of from the MapThis folder. For this, you'll need at least 2.70 (homebrew enabled obviously ).
    Thats great news :thumbup:
    People sometimes have problem extracting .prx files and on the 3.71 Fw its a bit tricky for noobs

DCEmu Newbie

Okay I have read many threeads on this site and others about MapThis.....though I still have a number of questions

1) Does it work in Australia?

2) http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-1mij.html
    Do I need the above device for MapThis to work?
    Is the the above device the best to get?

3) Does it work with 3.71 M33-2 (which is the firmware i have)

PS.........I have PSP Fat

Thanks in advance

1) You can use all the maps with Map This which are present in Google Earth and in Microsoft Virtual Earth, so most of the World. Download the GMDL tool and look how detailed Australia is, because what you see is what you get. (You download the maps).
    2)Yes you need a GPS device if you want to know where You are on the map, without a GPS you can use Map This as a map viewer, which is bretty useful thought, so try it before you buy it (the GPS)
    You can buy the Sony GPS, but some Holux GPS'es are also supported, if you live in a big city, it is recommended to use Holux device, because Sony GPS has problems getting the lock-on on satellites, but I'm satisfied with it.
    3) Yes it should work with 3.71 M33-2

PS... Next time post a new topic if you need help.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread Information