Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Yet Another FAQ for MapThis!

DCEmu Newbie

here's my setup:
    Firmware 3.52 M33
    GPS-290
    usb prx's from 3.52 eboot
    MapThis v 5

I am able to load the program, and gps can be "turned on", but no dice so far locking in a signal. GPS status says off in the info screen. I believe I downgraded a TA82 mobo but not sure what mine is.

DCEmu Newbie

Does anyone know where or how to get maps for Beijing to use with MapThis? I have Mapthis on my PSP and it works fine but Google with GMDL doesn't seem to support creating maps for Beijing. It shows the map of Beijing but when I click the button to create the maps in a folder, I only get blank squares with the little 'x' in the upper left coener of each box and nothing is put into the folder that I created.
    Please give me a link to download the maps or step by step directions........sorry but I am really new to this and need to be guided around like a baby. Thank you

hi everyone,
    can someone help me, i can't get mapthis and GMDL to work properly.
    i'm using psp 1001 cfw 5.00 m33-3, i use gps 290 and i'm running on 1.50 kernel

problem on mapthis!:
    -the usb gps state is always off how can i turn it on?

oyeah i think i don't have any usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx, cos when i toggled flash (0), i don't have KN folder, i have KM folder and there's no usbaac and usbgps prx. so i download the 2.71 usbacc.prx and 3.03 usbgps.prx from 'yet another FAQ for mapthis' page, and put it in on mapviewer folder, and on flash (0), but the gps still don't work.

i also tried the keycleaner, still not working...

problem on GMDL:
    -i'm using gmdl ver.0508b and when i opened the exe file the program wont show the map, i tried typing town, state, country, but still wont show a thing.how am i supposed download the map if i can't even see the map? huhu

anyone can help me??? oyeah i live in indonesia

thank you guys

Default Mapthis lockup

Hello everyone, I like the program very much and is easy to use, the only issue I have is that the program locks up solid every now and then. I have to shut off the PSP and restart to do it all over again. Anyone else have this issue? other than that, works great and a cool program to have on my PSP when traveling. I'm running 5.00 M33-3 with the 1.50 kernal add-on and this is a phat 1001 psp. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Its a drag restarting it and waiting some time for a GPS lock and traveled a few miles already before lock is in the green..thanks

DCEmu Pro

Does it lock up after returning from stand by? That's to be expected, because then the pointers to the map tiles are lost. You can go back to the map overview and reselect your map.

Otherwise, you can try disabling any seplugins you may have.

DCEmu Newbie

hi guys,
    I'm stuck here, plz help... and below is my psp spec.
    psp slim 2000
    psp 290
    mapthis v0.5
    cfw 5.00m33-3

I placed the mapthis folder in the game150 at 1st and I couldn't see the mapthis icon on my psp at all and when I put it in the game folder I can see the icon but when I start mapthis, it says that there's an error. did I missed out something???
    a million thx.

DCEmu Newbie

finally I got it, this time i installed mapthis 0.52 and also I put in the extra prx file put together with the eboot and also another exrta folder called scr. so I guess that's the few extra stuff that made it work, hope it helps.

DCEmu Newbie

Nice that you have done it on your own.

DCEmu Newbie

I'm using MapThis! for over three years now all over the world. It is very convenient to be able to produce free maps for almost any place of interest and use them without internet connection.
    However recently I had to switch to HTC phone with windows mobile 6.5 OS and iGo navigation. It has its uses, but lacks in universality (for example, no maps for Japan).
    So I wonder if it possible to port MapThis! to windows mobile OS?

DCEmu Newbie

Hi all, had a PSP for a few years and upgraded fw to version 6.00 the other week. I think this was a mistake as I've also just bought a PSP-290 and seem to be having major problems getting it hooked up. I'm a total newbie to all this hacking stuff but from what I gather I think I need to downgrade or dump my current FW and instal ver 3.10. but I'm unsure how to go about this. I've downloaded PSARDumper but this is just a number of files and a few folders. I placed them in my GAME folder but when I try to run them the PSP tells me the file is corrupt. Am I missing something here or have I really messed up my PSP by putting FW6.00 on it?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread Information