Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dell eyeing handheld gaming device

Blog Entries

General games Dell eyeing handheld gaming device

Dell is focusing its beady eye on the handheld gaming scene, with a potential view to entering the handheld hardware market it's being reported.

"You know, that's definitely one that's on the radar screen, but we have no plans to talk about anything today", Dell's gaming boss Abizar Vakharia told PCPlus.co.uk at a recent press event when quizzed about future plans for a handheld.

It's speculated that, should Dell go ahead with plans for a handheld games device, it could be an Ultra-Mobile PC as opposed to a dedicated gaming platform. We doubt Nintendo - or Sony - are quaking in their boots though.

via cvg

PSP User

Sounds interesting, If it has a bigger screen than the PSP I'll buy one, if not well just emulate it on PSP :rofl:

Sony and Ninty will eb quaking in their boots if its higher spec than the psp and has a touch screen (un-likely though) also if its open source, sony will be crying like babies, and maby the psp will eb resounded to the depths of our odz n sodz drawer like the GameGear,GBA & DreamCast.

Shame itz dell though, there pc are terrible looking and same witht he laptops can you imagen a dell portable it would be made of crappy plastic that horrible grainy black stuff, and a cheep dell logo that clips in place like all their desktops, Ewwwwwwwwwww

Gaming device? Unlikely... A new mobile device? Possibly.

I wouldn't buy anything from Dell anyway. I think a lot of people share the same opinion.

The Long Claw of the Law BlueCrab's Avatar

I refuse to buy computers from Dell, mainly because I've seen how shoddily they're generally put together. I'd never want to buy a small device from them, since they'd probably put it together even worse.
    Sylverant PSO Server
    http://crabemu.sourceforge.net/
    irc.freenode.net #dreamcastdev #dcemuuk #yabause #ljsdcdev

I didn't want a dell laptop to begin with as my ASUS laptop has served me well. However, I wanted a good gaming laptop and the Dell XPS M1710 was the one for me. I have no problems with this thing and it just flies through whatever I throw at it This is also one of the only laptops that will allow you to overclock the CPU through the bios.

Sonict

PSP User

Quote Originally Posted by Sonict View Post
    I didn't want a dell laptop to begin with as my ASUS laptop has served me well. However, I wanted a good gaming laptop and the Dell XPS M1710 was the one for me. I have no problems with this thing and it just flies through whatever I throw at it This is also one of the only laptops that will allow you to overclock the CPU through the bios.

Sonict
    I was looking into buying one of those....how fast can you overclock it?

gaming + laptop = nonsense.

laptops should not be used for gaming, they run badly and it's not what they are designed for.

i dont trust Dell laptops, everyone i have used has run badly with emualtors (particualrly winuae) even when the spec is supposedly "easily" enough to handle it.

as a result, i wouldnt touch a Dell handheld with a 60ft pole.

Dell sucks, no matter how great people claim they are or from customer satisfaction. I really don't want to see a Dell handheld console, it would probably be exactly like the PSP (and fail like the PSP.)

Dell sucks, I'd know. My freaking laptop lost sound a month after the warranty expired, so now I need to use my usb headset to listen to music. My fan is too loud as well. Don't trust Dell..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information