Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chankast Alpha 0.2 Released

Default Re: Chankast Alpha 0.2 Released

i find it strange though that all the games that work but hardly any homebrew.i mean doesnt any of the homebrew titles use any of the stuff the commercial stuff uses? im not starting something but maybe just maybe that part of the emulator is disabled.

I guess that homebrews are developed with somthing that dosnt seem happy with what the emulator can load.

I also wanted to say that this emulator or any other DC emulator (DCemu) is great for development! From what I have read, the creators of this emu are TRYING to support homebrews.

A free bios would be great, but how would it be created?
    The people of Cromwell created a linux based bios for XBOX. Could somthing similar be created for the dreamcast?

[quote author=Vorrtexx link=board=DCPCEmu;num=1087031282;start=15#19 date=06/13/04 at 13:39:36]

Hi GPF, the only way I found around this was to actually burn the CDI/NRG image to a CD-RW, and recreate the CD Image from the program it was burned with, DiscJuggler or Nero. It pretty much beats the whole point of it though
    I guess there's something missing from the images when they are created with the local tools, that make them into CDI/NRG files. But that was my only way to get homebrew working from a mountable image.
    [/quote]

Ok thanks, glad to hear that it just wasn't me doing something wrong Monday I play around a little with it at work, since I don't have a compatible computer at home.

Troy

DCEmu Regular

The emulator has no SDL support and hardly any support for KOS. Nor are there plans so thats why I dont see why people care about HB for this emu as its not meant to cater to HB if you want HB use the other great DCemulators which are dealing with HB before comerical.

Can anyone confirm that the chankast team does not care about homebrew support?

DCEmu Regular

how 'bout you just don't worry about it?

[quote author=Hola link=board=DCPCEmu;num=1087031282;start=15#23 date=06/14/04 at 06:51:19]The emulator has no SDL support and hardly any support for KOS. Nor are there plans so thats why I dont see why people care about HB for this emu as its not meant to cater to HB if you want HB use the other great DCemulators which are dealing with HB before comerical.[/quote]

well over on on DCEmulation

garrofi wrote:
    about elf file format, if someone has a source to read elf files, please contact me, and I will add support for elf files.

About the problem with homebrew apps. I have been debugging rott and after reading the toc file, the application exits. I don't have any problem with my lle gd-rom code with commercial games, any idea about it?

and when you load an application via command line, chankast is emulating bios, but only a few calls, kos examples work fine with that.

you need a 1st_read.bin file and the file has to be unscrambled.

Garrofi
    Also I am able to start my SDL application I wrote. There is limited support, and I am sure that as future version come out the issue will be resolved.

Troy

there is some decent homebrew titles out there for dc,i have 2 of them that i love.homebrew is the thing that keeps the dreamcast alive with new titles.i support the dc 100%.heck i think most of the games are far better than ps2 ones.

DCEmu Regular

Dont get me wrong HB is a awsome seen but I really only like HB for emulation tho they have been kick ass HB games. I personally really want Dc castle as the graphics are awsome.

I got my SDL GBA emulator running under Chankast Alpha .2a. I can navigate through the SDL menu's, select a rom, and then preceed to the emulation which is now using DMA to render to the PVR, I get no picture just sound. So I changed it to use non DMA PVR and I get a display and can play the GBA emulator within the Dreamcast emulator very slow though

Troy

I just checked on older version of the GBA emulator that was using SDL rendering and it works also.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information