Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chankast Alpha 0.2 Released

DCEmu_Newsposter

Default Chankast Alpha 0.2 Released

The Chankast Team have released ver Alpha 0.2 of their great Dreamcast Emnulator for Windows, heres whats new:[br][br] About the news in this release:[br][br]- Improved stability, no more random crashes during gameplay [br]- Fixes to the GFX core for games such as Shenmue 1&2 and Soul Calibur [br]- Better compatibility, for example F355, Dead or Alive 2, Virtual On and many, many more [br]- Optimized code for even more speed [br]- Option to over- and underclock the SH4 CPU [br]- Completly re-done PAD configuration screen [br]- Added support for PAD plugins [br]- Added an option for cable selection [br]- Integrated Capcom hack into the other versions [br]- Re-worked menu and help file [br]- ... and many more fixes we don't really remember [br][br]Download from Here

Blog Entries

Default Re: Chankast Alpha 0.2 Released

Lets see if homebrew works easier now, please post your homebrew findings

[quote author=Wraggster link=board=DCPCEmu;num=1087031282;start=0#1 date=06/12/04 at 11:17:30]Lets see if homebrew works easier now, please post your homebrew findings [/quote]
    Feet of Fury still hangs on the loading screen.

I'm having major troubles booting up any homebrew in this release. Could well be a prob at my end though (disc emulation software, bad images, etc).

Edit: Dcastle boots and plays brilliantly still

no homebrew still??? wow thats not good

To say 'no homebrew still' is false. More correct would be 'not much homebrew still'

Alice works excellently (300+ fps)
    Dcastle likewise
    Revolver too

Seems to have taken a backwards step for Homebrew at the moment... but it's still early days.

yea meant to clarify that now that im reading all over the place and it seems it is running a little bit more homebrew than before.thats a great thing,seeing that is the only thing keeping the dc alive and kicking.gotta love it

I decided to throw the contest entries at this build. So far, Boll freezes at the intro screen.

Maqiupai causes a crash.

Okay this will gonna be our new Compatibility list for Chanka Alpha v02...

Any other things tested? Any progress recognizable for our scene's devvers?

I almost think there isn't any hearing the reports so far... >

Nice to see a speedy update of this emu though... Maybe the next release... ???

Chris

damn you SSE

My athlon 700 doesn't work with it, so I won't be able to test it till monday at work

If no one saw my earlier post, here is a workaround for those of you with video cards that don't support hardware TnL.

Run a utility called 3d-Analyze - http://www.tommti-systems.com/main-Dateien/files.html which allows emulating hardware TnL or forcing it to use software TnL.

Troy

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information