Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Chankast Alpha 0.2 Released

Blog Entries

Default Re: Chankast Alpha 0.2 Released

nice to see it running in chankast
    Do me a favor plug me into a sega.

To be this good takes ages, to be this good takes sega.

It's thinking.

Ok I said it, now pay me!
    http://www.thejoypad.net
    Twitter page

Default Re: Chankast Alpha 0.2 Released

[quote author=Hola link=board=DCPCEmu;num=1087031282;start=0#14 date=06/13/04 at 06:10:22]I know you all are trying to be all legal and stuff but one can't judge the greatness of this emulator on homebrew at all. In fact right now the author could give a damn about HB and I seriously cant blame him. About 98% of all the people using this emu will be playing comerical games and the author himself probably feels more oblegated to please the larger crowd than the 2% using HB. I think 70% of the people that are into DC are into HB however I dont think even 2% of that group will play HB on PC I mean the whole cool factor of HB was it was using your DC. No point in play DreamSnes on Chankast when you could use Zsnes.[/quote]

...er ...The point is to show the authors of Chanka which program does work and which not, got it!?

Doesn't make much sense to tell them, that this does run perfectly and that does run perfectly, don't you think?

Damn, I'm really tired of this... Please leave us alone if you don't care about homebrew or emulation for Dreamcast because that's what this website is about.

As GPF mentioned, there are thousands of sites who don't give a shxt so visit them instead.

I don't care for the fact, that you like playing commercial Dreamcast games on you PC.

Go and play but don't spend your time posting this bullshxt and spam our boards with that.

[quote author=Hola link=board=DCPCEmu;num=1087031282;start=15#23 date=06/14/04 at 06:51:19]The emulator has no SDL support and hardly any support for KOS. Nor are there plans so thats why I dont see why people care about HB for this emu as its not meant to cater to HB if you want HB use the other great DCemulators which are dealing with HB before comerical.[/quote]

[quote author=Hola link=board=DCPCEmu;num=1087031282;start=15#28 date=06/15/04 at 05:00:42]Dont get me wrong HB is a awsome seen but I really only like HB for emulation tho they have been kick ass HB games. I personally really want Dc castle as the graphics are awsome.[/quote]

It takes months or years working hard within your spare time to create these games or emulators and they won't cost you much if you buy or download them.

I don't see the future of Dreamcast lying in the hands of the warez scene, I see the future lying in the hands of the homebrew and emulation scene:
    There will be lots of emus and nice (commercial and homebrew) games coming for it.
    Legal Dreamcast sites like ours are rare and why risk our hard work with allowing ppl talk about Chanka and backups of commercial games?

I was always a friend of the emulation scene but for Chanka it's definitly years too early. I see it will preserve the interest in DC for years but atm it just kills any chance for the new games, that still are released monthly in Japan. Beside that, this emulator isn't very helpful at the moment for any interested developer.

Take this as a warning. I am not very proud of your posts within this thread. If you have other contributions or other things you'd like to write about, just do it and you are welcome, but don't tell us or our scene's programmers that they shouldn't care about Chanka, because no one of us does care about you playing your Dreamcast backups with it.

Chris

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information