Thread: Advice on DC cd player mod...

Question Advice on DC cd player mod...

Im thining of cleaning out my broken dcs case and fitting a mp3 cd player inside it. Using the flip top as the cd in section like before and the cd player controls on the front controlleer section. Will this be a sinple job of extending wires? Or is there anything else i need to consider?

Thanks for the help :thumbup:

King of killed the_eternal_dark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous D View Post
    Im thining of cleaning out my broken dcs case and fitting a mp3 cd player inside it. Using the flip top as the cd in section like before and the cd player controls on the front controlleer section. Will this be a sinple job of extending wires? Or is there anything else i need to consider?

Thanks for the help :thumbup:
    First, you would need to take the CD player apart and find the lid sensor switch. You'll have to take note of the location and should be able to use the switch trip thingy on the DC lid to activate/deactivate it. You should be able to get by with extending the display wires (unless you have a cd player with decent build quality, they currently use a very flimsy ribbon wire/cable, that will take a little more work to extend it to where you want). If you are planning to use batteries, you can probably use the modem port for a modified battery housing.

Anonymous does not forgive?

I wouldn't mind taking those broken parts off your hands. PM if interested

Thread Information