Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII - PSP ISO How to!

DCEmu Newbie

Talking Final Fantasy VII - PSP ISO How to!

Hey everyone! I'm a noob here and as this is a quest I am undergoing, I thought I would make a thread dedicated to explaining with details, how to put FFVII to work on PSP using popstation. My main question is: FFVII has 3 disks. Any way of getting them all in the memory card without having to replace each iso as you play through the game? Also, what about save games? Maybe having three different memory cards, one for each disk? Anyhow, food for thought. Please post away with your ideas and help! :thumbup:

Thanks in advance!

JmCRX

you could put all three on if you had a big enough stick, but when you reach the end of a disk you can replace the eboot for that disk with the next one and continue your game.

use PSX2PSP v0.7 and compress them, dependin on size of memory stick u might get lucky

i think it provides a save before you switch the disc. but if im wrong then go with jonezybaby's idea... try to compress it as much as you can or.....use a pc psx emulator to get to the other disc hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by keefurxxcore View Post
    i think it provides a save before you switch the disc. but if im wrong then go with jonezybaby's idea... try to compress it as much as you can or.....use a pc psx emulator to get to the other disc hope this helps
    I used the highest compression rate and every disc has a size of about 500 MB when you do that, so if yiu have a 2 GB memory stick, you can put them all on it at once.
    But I think there is no point in wasting so much space on your ms as you finish the discs one after another, meaning if you beat disc 1 you don't need it again to beat the game.
    Also it does allow you to save before switching to the next disc and even if it wouldn't, having the next disc on the ms wouldn't help as the emulator doesn't support a disc swap without exiting the game.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JmCRX View Post
    Hey everyone! I'm a noob here and as this is a quest I am undergoing, I thought I would make a thread dedicated to explaining with details, how to put FFVII to work on PSP using popstation. My main question is: FFVII has 3 disks. Any way of getting them all in the memory card without having to replace each iso as you play through the game? Also, what about save games? Maybe having three different memory cards, one for each disk? Anyhow, food for thought. Please post away with your ideas and help! :thumbup:

Thanks in advance!

JmCRX

Just create an image of each disc using something like CDRwin. Then using something like psx2psp v0.7.1 along with DA's latest popstation create an eboot.pbp for each disc ensuring that you use the same game id on all three discs (ensures that each disc uses the same save data, necessary for changing from one disc to the next). Then save each eboot to your psp\game\gameid folder where gameid is the proper game id of the disc. As long as you are using 310oea2 from DA you should now be able to play FFVII ntsc or pal. All three discs will fit on a 2Gb mem card if fully compressed using popstation. Hope this helps

just to clear up this easily.
    You can use CWCheat RevH by Weltall to load a save game on the other discs.
    In final fantsy you can save before it asks you to swap discs, in other titles it doesnt, in these instances you would be able to export your save from popstation, onto the MS, put it on PC and play onto the 2nd disc with an emulator, such as EPSXE, then get to the next available save point, save the game then import it back to the PSP with CWCheat, this works I have tried it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by mikebeaver View Post
    just to clear up this easily.
    You can use CWCheat RevH by Weltall to load a save game on the other discs.
    In final fantsy you can save before it asks you to swap discs, in other titles it doesnt, in these instances you would be able to export your save from popstation, onto the MS, put it on PC and play onto the 2nd disc with an emulator, such as EPSXE, then get to the next available save point, save the game then import it back to the PSP with CWCheat, this works I have tried it myself.
    I know this topic has been discussed numerous times on various threads on different forums but it is specifically about FFVII and therefore the technique you describe (whilst very useful for games that do not allow you to save before loading the next disc) is just going to complicate matters unnecessarily on this thread. The technique for FFVII is simply to ensure that all three eboots are created using the same game id.

Really need help

I recently finished Xenogears Disc 1 on my psp and save it and it asks me to put in Disc 2 but how the hell do i do that?

Ive tried to load up Disc 2 of xenogears but my savefiles arent showing up on it so not sure what to do if anyone can shed some light would love you long time

like dreamwalker said, this thread is specifically geared towards ff7 emulation... Read the post right above yours, and he answers your question btw.

Now that that's taken care of, I hear rumors that the cutscenes in ff7 don't work with the slim psp... is this true?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information