Thread: Beta 3.0X OE Easy Version Changer

Blog Entries

psp Beta 3.0X OE Easy Version Changer

New from Dabomstew:

An easy way to change the version displayed in Custom firmware SE/OE system settings without hexediting or manual flashing - and unlike X-Flash, you can use any characters, rather than just 1.00-9.99.

This is tested and working fine on my own 3.03 OE-A and 3.02 OE-B psp, but I cannot guarantee that it will work 100% every time.

Read the included readme for usage instructions.

I will release an update if any problems are discovered, but the program will not receive any more functionality (except maybe updates to support later versions of DAX's custom firmware).

Currently at version 6 which added 3.10 OE-A support and allows you to set the version to your nickname.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
    via dabomstew

DCEmu Legend

psp What's the point?

The very first version changers that allowed some 1.52 firmware games run on 1.50 had a use but what is the point of version changers on Dark_AleX custom firmware? Especially new firmware like 3.03 OE-C & 3.10 OE-A'?

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar View Post
    The very first version changers that allowed some 1.52 firmware games run on 1.50 had a use but what is the point of version changers on Dark_AleX custom firmware? Especially new firmware like 3.03 OE-C & 3.10 OE-A'?
    To look cool?

I love this. Lmao Guys..it really has good point from my point of view... I use this and change my version from 3.10OE to 3.10 and I made my friends believe I'm running homebrews at the original 3.10 xD . They're like ... "OMFG!" haha funny..

Just so you all know, it doesnt even work. When you insert a UMD and try to run the update for it it says "You are currently running version 3.03. There is no need to update" meaning when you get an updatefor 3.60 or something you will update! Can you update on Dark Alex's custom firmwares? I'm not exactly stupid enough to try. I made that mistake a long time ago with the 1.52 update before I knew about the homebrew scene. Now I have 2 psp's that will run hoembrew FOREVER. One for me and my brother. Probably gonna buy a 3rd for a cushion when I have $ and downgrade it and then pop it up to 3.10 OEA'

DCEmu Newbie

YEAH I DID the same thing then my friend wanted to run homebrew but he had original 3.10 and doesent believe me when i tell him he cant LOL

Good, an update to the version changer. I'll download this right now!

stop bashing, this is sweet, the point is to let you fool umds up to version 9.99, so you never need to be hassled for updates, nevest OE, devhook etc.

Hey can any u guys tell me why i cant update my system to any version after i used X loader? i'm soooo lost and really need help!!!! :'( HELP ME1!!

Thread Information