Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DSBoy - Gameboy Emulator for Nintendo DS

u can also use it fro the MMD witch doesn't have GBA support
    I don't go on here much anymore. Find me on GBAtemp.

DCEmu Rookie

I'm not going to test this until a more updated version is released but, still, it's great to hear Gamboy is being worked on for the DS. That's one of the things which irked me when I bought my dock and learned more about homebrew, the only decent Gameboy emulator was on the GBA.

I wish you the best of luck, man. And hopefully this project will encourage a better GBC emulator (or the revival of DS_GBC).

Quote Originally Posted by HiredK View Post
    - i patch the "DSBoy.nds" with DLDI patcher ... then drag and drop it into my microSD ... then i put few roms "SMB.gb" ... and when i launch the emulator from my DS ... the DSBoy loader dont show any kinda roms ... only folders ... i'm using a M3 DS simply
    same, i presume it's a bug

I have a few questions/comments I need to make:

To JKKDark - Why is it impossible to see a 32X emulator running on the DS? I somehow doubt that it is due to the graphics ability, and aside from the issue of the dual processor, I cannot really fathom a reason.

To souLLy - The GBA can be run on a DS - assuming you have a compatable flash drive. Let me rephrase: will it be possible to emulate GBA games with the DS MMD CF drive?

Mikaa

Dcemu Coder

Hmhmh emulating would be possible on anyflashcard, but slow.
    What you are wanting is more virtualizing. But that doesnt work with MMD. It needs the 32MB intern ram so that the nds can be changed to gba mode and that the gba-bios then can found its data on the expected adresses. So no, not with that kind of flashcart

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaa View Post
    To souLLy - The GBA can be run on a DS - assuming you have a compatable flash drive. Let me rephrase: will it be possible to emulate GBA games with the DS MMD CF drive?
    Basically will Datel add GBA support to the MMD drive? I'd imagine it's physically possible for them to do so yes, but whether they will is up to them. There was a petition about it a while back if I remember correctly:

http://www.petitiononline.com/MMDGBA/petition.html

DCEmu Newbie

mine wouldnt find any *.gb games on my SC lite, until I renamed them to *.gbc, this works. Great work, very impressed with speed, if save states and graphics are sorted, think it will be a permanent addition to the collection!

Quote Originally Posted by parakalus View Post
    mine wouldnt find any *.gb games on my SC lite, until I renamed them to *.gbc, this works. Great work, very impressed with speed, if save states and graphics are sorted, think it will be a permanent addition to the collection!

Now it works for me.

The files must be named *.gbc and not *.gb like the newspost says. weird garbled graphics but runs at a nice speed. here's hoping someone picks this up.

Thanks for the info, guys.

DCEmu Newbie

i can not open the win zip file correctaly. win rar gives me an error message.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information