Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will we ever see wireless 2 player games via emulators?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Will we ever see wireless 2 player games via emulators?

I have a dream......

4xPSPs, 4xPSPMAME, 4xTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Just need the game running on 1 machine, with the other 3 sharing the video - basically a standard peice of code the emu writers can use to accept wireless joypad input, and maybe a standard peice of code to accept video from another machine - Peice o' cake right :rofl:

But seriously - D'ya think I'll live to see it ?

DCEmu Art Pro

well the snes emu, snes9x tyl
    has wifi support for 2 players.

and there is a genesis one and a cps2 one i think.

So I think its possible....

And an NES emulator and a GBC emulator. Pretty much all of the emulators have it. It isn't perfect and sometimes you will get disconnected but it exists for all of those emu's.

I have gotten all to work but how does snes9x tyl do ad-hoc the readme.txt doesn't say how

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by S34MU5 View Post
    well the snes emu, snes9x tyl
    has wifi support for 2 players.

and there is a genesis one and a cps2 one i think.

So I think its possible....
    Do you mean support for a wi-fi controller, or 2 players playing the same game on 2 PSP's

DCEmu Art Pro

Well i played 2 player snes with my friend, think it was a street fighter game and some others.

He had the ROM on is PSP and I had it on mine so I was player one and he was player two, he used his PSP as a pad and screen I used mine. Jeeeez

DCEmu Newbie

I've only used Dgen (Genesis) with the wireless multiplayer but it works great. The PSPs have to synchronize with eachother and both 'run' the game then the wireless bit of the emulator simply sends over each other players button presses between PSPs.

Quote Originally Posted by pibster View Post
    I have gotten all to work but how does snes9x tyl do ad-hoc the readme.txt doesn't say how

I was playing two player snes during my work lunch break a couple hours ago!

You both need a copy of the same game. Press start before you load a game and it will then come up with a blue screen saying 'net play', then start your game as normal and it will give you the option to join a game... and voila 2 player snes action! :thumbup:

I was trying to get dgen to work earlier but it kept failing to establish a connection between the two psps. It kept saying something like 'failed to establish connection as you are using different versions of dgen?' ...even though my mate got his dgen off of me??

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
    I was playing two player snes during my work lunch break a couple hours ago!

You both need a copy of the same game. Press start before you load a game and it will then come up with a blue screen saying 'net play', then start your game as normal and it will give you the option to join a game... and voila 2 player snes action! :thumbup:

I was trying to get dgen to work earlier but it kept failing to establish a connection between the two psps. It kept saying something like 'failed to establish connection as you are using different versions of dgen?' ...even though my mate got his dgen off of me??
    S-weeeet

Maybe if we all clubbed together we could pay Franxis to start work on the PSP version of MAME - what do you think?

I've got a GP2X and Franxis's MAME is DYNAMITE, but most of the classics are 2 player

Quote Originally Posted by BazookaJo View Post
    S-weeeet

Maybe if we all clubbed together we could pay Franxis to start work on the PSP version of MAME - what do you think?

I've got a GP2X and Franxis's MAME is DYNAMITE, but most of the classics are 2 player
    I've been hoping for a long time that mame4all would get an update? ...but weve heard nothing from the coders for many moons now.

I'd defo contibute if the emulator was worked on again! :thumbup: ...Tmnt, bubble bobble, The newzeland story, etc etc would rock on the PSP!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information