Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: PSP Firmware 3.11 Decrypted

There's no 3.11 OE yet because...

When it comes to the different PSP firmwares, homebrew history dictates that a downgrader almost always follows a decrypter. Right? Right. With that said, it is logical to expect that a new downgrader will be released soon after 3.11 was successfully decrypted yesterday. Right? Well, not quite.

Word has recently been going around that Dark_AleX won't be making a 3.11 OE. Allegedly, he says that,

The FW 3.11 is ready, but it's not worthy to release because it needs a total re-flash and there isn't any update. There will be a plugin to launch all POPS until the FW 3.11, because it's the only thing that has changed in it.

Well, it was actually in Spanish, and this is the translated version. Anyway, provided that this is true (we checked DAX's official site and found nothing there), we guess Dark_AleX deserves to have a break. After all, even God, Himself, rested on the 7th day. And besides, we shouldn't forget that 3.11 was cracked using the 3.10 decrpyter, so that means nothing much has changed in terms of security.

We reported this because we believe it is important in more ways than one. First, it is a reminder that you should not tinker with 3.11 yet unless you want to commit a homebrew suicide. Another reason is that the fake downgraders that caused a lot of bricked PSP units are still fresh in our memories, and we don't want that to happen again.

Don't worry, guys. We're pretty certain DAX will be back once a worthy firmware comes along, provided that Sony hasn't given up yet. In the mean time, why don't you just send DAX, Team C+D ,and the other great homebrew coders some well-deserved thank you notes?

I don't understand how to do this. What eBoot do I edit? And where do I get data.psar? I need help please, i am a n00b when it comes to this kinda stuff

i tried running it and it said the game could not be started (8002014c) what can i do about this?

Quote Originally Posted by crazypennyhead View Post
    i tried running it and it said the game could not be started (8002014c) what can i do about this?
    This topic is a bit old for you to be posting in but ill try to help you anyway.

If you are running a custom fw make sure your kernal is set to 1.50 and/or the application is in a Game150 folder.

If your not then I dont know what your problem is.

DCEmu Newbie

yo i have a problem when i try to open psar2 folder i go to the eboot.pbp AND IT DONT OPEN IT SAYS ITS INVALID **** HELP ME!

and i also combined the two eboots then it opend BUT ALL I SAW WAS DATA.PSP <-- WTF IS THAT?!

DCEmu Newbie

whats a firmware dumper?

DCEmu Newbie

Hi I a newbie, can post the PSP brew or PBP unpacker because I don't know where to locate it.I just bought a new PSP that comes with 3.11 firmware.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
    This topic is a bit old for you to be posting in but ill try to help you anyway.

If you are running a custom fw make sure your kernal is set to 1.50 and/or the application is in a Game150 folder.

If your not then I dont know what your problem is.
    sorry to ask.. any link to me for this guide..
    i also have same problem

cooooool!!!

Well this is certainly good news for me. I just had to update to 3.11 the other day. Now I am one step closer to playing home brew so I am a happy man. Hopefully I will be even happier very soon :thumbup:
    Keep up the great work guys, I really appreciate it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information