Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PS3 or a 360?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by rebuiltearth View Post
    Go for PS3, honestly I have both and the PS3 is far, far better. Its more well rounded for media and games, not just games like the 360.

Added to that, the PS3 has technology that will have it being a high end game system for far longer than the 360. The internal technology is so advanced, current games are only using a very small percentage of the processor power.

The games that are 360 exclusive, yeah a few are good, but not as good as the ps3 exclusives that will be coming out later on.

And if you're considering homebrew as well, ps3 will be much more capable.

Simply put, if you want whats great right at this moment, get a 360, but if you want something thats good now and will be amazing in the future, go for the ps3. Its a much more worthwhile investment.
    all of what you said above just gos to show how well sonys marketing really works

1. the ps3's internal tecnology is NOT so advanced the processor have 1 useful core for gaming and the other 7 are useless for gaming due to the fact there designed for vector processing in parallel/streaming and number crunching, the 360 has 3 useful general cpu cores for gaming and that just happens to be the reason for its small amount of used processor power cus to be honest its useless for gaming

2. the gpu is no better than the xbox 360's and from what ive seen in 9/10 circumstances the games look worse on the ps3

3. the ps3 has no hardware scaler chip and therefore has problems scaling certain games to 1080i (as promised)

4. the total system bandwith on the ps3 is 48gb/s wheras the xbox 360 has 270+gb/s that means tht the total system bandwith on the ps3 isnt even enough to satisfy the gpu at full load

all in all this adds up2 another target that has been fallen short by sony i would like to congratulate them on lauching a console far too late and being a overpriced piece of s*** and i dont own a xbox 360 before tht crops up i only have my 2 pcs and 2 dreamcasts, i am now waiting on the confirmed xbox 360 elite becausei have seen tht the ps3 is a waste of money

Id rather have a 3rd dreamcast.... no actually i might go with the 360... but only after i had at least once DC . I'm still struggling myself to find a wii. If i were a tad younger and had more time on my hands I would honestly go with a 360 due to the larger library, the seemingly better 3rd party support (for the moment at least), and the pretty sweet xbox live arcade games, not to mention the tried and true xbox live service. There are some great games on the 360 and there are some interesting upcoming ones too, so there is no sign of them slowing down any time soon either (like the wii seems to be doing for the moment.) If i were you, I would decide based completely on the software and what sort of games interest you. If you base everything on hardware, you might just concider getting something and turn out having a 3 game power brick you never use. Remember, game(S) - (more than one) are what sell a console and what make you proud of your purchase years later.

DCEmu Newbie

how many ps3 compared to xbox 360s have hardware problems its some where around 6 million in losses for microsoft dont quote me though i think ps3 might be more interesting for home programming but 360 is way cheaper and can be externally cooled to solve those pesky heat issues though i would go with ps3 all the way i love my original xbox but ps3 seems more stable in terms of hardware

360 is good, but I have rather purchased neither 360 nor PS3 but a Wii!! and I am happy about it!

LOL old thread bumping noobs!!!

I had a Wii but got bored of it...
    I got the 360 and play it pretty much every night and never get bored of it. Cant wait for COD4 to come out
    The PS3 well just aint worth it really, I might get one if bluray win this stupid format war but im hoping HDDVD win because I could just get the addon for the 360...

-!-
    /\

Banned

manufacture 4*4, 4*1,4*2, 3*1 HDMI switch,
    HDMI Switchers
    3x1 and 5x1 , 4*2, 4*4 HDMI Switchers, (V.1.3 with Deep Color) and HDCP compliant

[email protected]
    86-0755-82500214
    MSN: [email protected]

Banned

manufacture HDMI Converter( VGA TO HDMI, AV TO HDMI, Scart TO HDMI)
    -It achieves long-distance transmission of HDMI signal of more than 15 meters
    - offers solutions for digital entertainment center
    -HDTV retail and show site, HDTV, STB, DVD and Projector factory
    -space and security concerns, data center control, information distribution
    -conference room presentation, school and corporate training environments
    -Easy to Use: Install in seconds, no need for setting
    -Conversion: It could convert VGA and audio;or converters HD, YpbPr into complete HDMI.
    -HD CP compliant

Lol now I have spam bot advertisers in my thread:rofl: What's next?

-!-
    /\

ME! I'm next! I'd go with the 360 just for the awesome games that are for purchase NOW for the system and not next year for the PS3. Or you can take your Wii and hit people in the eye with the remote and say the wrist strap broke. If not I'd stick with the 360 for sure.

I'm surprised this thread is generally so positive about the 360. I have got one and I think it is fairly awful, and given the chance I would have held back and waited for a PS3.
    My main complaints about it are
    1) It is very noisy. You have to have your tv volume up very loud to cover the noise and this is not always an option if you live in a shared flat
    2) Most of the games are rubbish*. This is probably also true of the PS3 at the moment but the only XBox 360 game that I think is truely great is Oblivion which is also on the PS3.
    3) It crashes sometimes. Not often but at least once every 2 months or so, and I don't use it every day. I have never owned a console before that would just freeze at random

In it's favour, XBox live is good and there are some very nice cheap games you can get from xbox live. Also, the controller is very nice.

I don't know much about the PS3 so do not know how noisy or liable to crash that is, but I doubt it is as bad as the XBox 360.

*I say this because I am not interested in First Person Shooters much. I find them boring. Halo was nice, but the sequel got boring and the third one looks like more of the same to me.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information