Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: SANiK's Mario Demo

DCEmu Newbie

Where do I put the files? And how? I have FW 3.03 and I REALLY don't feel like downgrading. If anyone can, please make it so it'll work for 3.03 I got it from the sony site, not Network Update. Help!

If you don't feel like downgrading, don't expect to run any homebrew. Sorry but that's the simple fact of the matter. It just won't work. No amount of coding will change that, unless Sony gives in and makes the firmware open (not going to happen any time soon).

I traded for a second PSP so I could mess around with custom firmware (I lucked out and it came with the latest OE at the time).

It up to you what you do, but if you stick to updating with official firmwares, no homebrew for you.

DCEmu Newbie

For all of those folks who've been asking about how to downgrade and where to get what you need to do so:

3.03v downgrader & HEN for v3.03

That's all you need to enable homebrew. If you have a firmware higher than 3.03, you're screwed for the moment, but watch the main site for updates.

Before you downgrade, read everything in the post and the readme carefully, and if you still aren't exactly sure what you need to do, search the forums and/or the web for further instructions. It's not all that complicated from the user end of it, but you really really don't want to botch a downgrade.

Oh, and I'm not 100% sure, but you probably need to be running Firmware 3.03 to use this downgrader, as opposed to 3.01 or 3.02, or anything older. Take the readme's word over mine, but in the past, you had to match the firmware you were downgrading from exactly with the version specified in the downgrader. That means that if you're running Firmware 3.01, you'll probably have to upgrade to Son'ys official 3.03 firmware, and then use this downgrader. And naturally this won't work on 3.10 or higher.

If you're thinking of downgrading, you might be interested in these other links too:

3.10 Open Edition Rev A
    eLoader 0.995 "Kriek"
    Improved 2.8 Downgrader

ok SANiK i'll work on a port folio and upload it here cos i got limited email and it seems appropriate.
    give me some time to collect a few things.

here's a pastel sketch of my cat.
    i made had some other 3d things i did but they're on my other laptop which needs repair,

and here's is some more relevant stuff
    Attachment 15815
    this is my cat again, my sketch was mildly based on this but i changed a few things around.
    Attachment 15816
    i made this with teregen, this was going to be the title screen for an rpg but i got bored.
    Attachment 15817
    this is another thing done with teregen, it's called moss deep vally, yes i name my landscapes
    Attachment 15818
    i did this just now hehe, but i made the tree earlier,
    to make this i used 3ds max 7 and paint shop pro 6- plus a picture of a local lake.
    Attachment 15819
    a while ago i decided to fiddle around with some of the animation capabilities of 3ds max 7, i use bones to make my alien maggot thingy move around.
    it looks fairly simply triangulated, but I'm rather proud of it because making an animation and some clever textures takes skill with creativity.
    Attachment 15820
    last one, this was another teregen based render, it's one of my better ones and it came out quite nicely.

and thats it, there's heaps more but some of these pictures were rather big and i want to cut down on the internet usage.

what do you think so far?

DCEmu Coder

Ahh man, I really don't need new artists at all, but to tell you the truth, you're a pretty good drawer. Your modeling - there's not much to judge, but from the tree, you just need to get used to material settings (lighting) as well as how to fix the plasticy look on the tree. Nice photoshop skills though, but don't forget to "hide" the pixels =o

your not supposed to need me, I'm needing you.
    i need coders to help me with this, and I'm looking at the title under your name... lol
    this is a project I'm putting together, do you or do you not want to join in the future? i need as many people as i can get.

and hey you don't know what where doing yet do you?
    porting the half-life engine it will be the best port from now until someone does something better---
    now don't just assume this is just for half-life, it will also (pretty damn sure) run counterstrike, and i plan to make another game to go with the engine since it's easier to find mod tools for it.

p.s
    and the tree, yer the render option was taking abnormally long to work, so i just took a print screen snap shot.

there is no possibility the psp could handle half-life without alot of very difficult work. i am trying to learn 3d programming and i plan on making a 3rd person game eventually, may you can help with that. i wont be starting any time in the next couple of weeks though cause i still need to perfect my 3d skills. pm me if your interested and maybe we'll do something.
    Wii Homebrew: Chippy - Chip8 Emulator
    SameGame - Version 1.0

Homebrew PSP Games: Color Puzzle - Version: r2

Banned

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3000-PSP-Retro...QQcmdZViewItem

check it out guys i got many many copies like 20+ add me on msn if u want a copy or just bid !!

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by pr3dator2 View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3000-PSP-Retro...QQcmdZViewItem

check it out guys i got many many copies like 20+ add me on msn if u want a copy or just bid !!

[email protected]
    that has nothing to do with this topic so plz dont post it here. also, ebay often removes illegal items so you probably shouldn't be selling that.
    Wii Homebrew: Chippy - Chip8 Emulator
    SameGame - Version 1.0

Homebrew PSP Games: Color Puzzle - Version: r2

Banned

its not illegal!!!!! how u work out that it is ?!?!

Thread Information